Issues with infusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they happen in the canula. Sorry but what is a kink in the set?
It means the canula has bent thus fluid (insulin) can not flow through it, think of a hosepipe being squeezed and the water flow restricted. That's what has happened so nothing you are doing wrong yourself 🙂
Do you sit or stand when you insert the canula in your tum? Either way you do it try the other and see if that helps.

It means the canula has bent thus fluid (insulin) can not flow through it, think of a hosepipe being squeezed and the water flow restricted. That's what has happened so nothing you are doing wrong yourself 🙂
Do you sit or stand when you insert the canula in your tum? Either way you do it try the other and see if that helps.
I’ve just injected a set into my belly, will update if it worked or not. I had it done standing up, the other night when I posted this post I tried once standing and once laying down for the set in my butt

Good Luck Martynal. I have used Medtronic pumps for years now & never had probs with bubbles.🙂

So, my nurse gave me some new angled infusions and the one in my belly has been working! Thank you all for advice. Hopefully the next infusions work too.
Fantastic hope things continue to work for you. I have found the angled sets work best in my tum.

Hi all. The infusion in the belly worked three times but had it changed a few hours ago and didn’t work. This time the site really hurt and it worked at one point and I use a libre and my sugar level dropped a little after correcting, however then it stopped working again so I am now changing it into the thigh (high sugar levels + heat abroad= bad idea!). Maybe I hit a bad spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back