is this normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood can become thicker if you are dehydrated.

Anyone have that thing where you fingerprick and the blood comes out of all the other holes you've made? 😱

Haha yes, you think its your eyes playing woth you, or 'did i prick it twice?' 🙂

Anyone have that thing where you fingerprick and the blood comes out of all the other holes you've made? 😱

Yes, and then you wonder if you could have used the original one (and whether the results are the same from an "old" hole and a fresh one 🙄 )

I think a lot of it has to do with how active we have been and what we have been eating and drinking. The weather or temperature comes into it to some degree (pardon the pun) as well

Yes, and on a run once I found I'd left my pricker at home so I just squeezed a finger and it worked!
It always takes ages to stop bleeding when I'm running, presumably because my heart is pumping more strongly but the blood also appears to be thinner.

Yes, and on a run once I found I'd left my pricker at home so I just squeezed a finger and it worked!
It always takes ages to stop bleeding when I'm running, presumably because my heart is pumping more strongly but the blood also appears to be thinner.

I'm exactly the same after a run - thinner, brighter blood and I'm always afraid it will get too mixed up with sweat to be a true reading! It doesn't form a blob, which makes it even more difficult 😱

😱 Oh my goodness me. I'm just imagening a finger pretending to be a showerhead!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back