Is GlucoRX cgm worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw my Dr a week or so ago I mentioned I had been using the libre 2. She asked what I thought. Ok said I love it however it's expensive and unless all diabetics regardless of on insulin or not get it on prescription I may have to try GlucoRX. She said she hadn't heard of them. I said the sensors are cheaper than Libre. She said that they were looking at rolling out Libre to all diabetics regardless of insulin I presume but when that will be who knows. She said people like myself would be notified.

In the meantime I will use GlucoRX. I'm wary of spending nearly 100quid then finding it doesn't work. I believe I don't need a sim as the Aidex app communicates with Bluetooth so it would be cheaper to get a compatible secondhand phone then when I upgrade my phone to one that is compatible with GlucoRX and Libre 2 I can sell the secondhand phone. Problem is I don't want to spend a fortune on a secondhand phone just for an app but equally don't want to order the starter pack then find out it doesn't work. I have two choices: compatible secondhand phone or risk ordering GlucoRx starter pack.
If cost is the issue I’d use libre but less of the time. If you want to get the cost down to £75 a month then use a libre 3 out of 4 weeks by having a break for one week after each sensor. If you want to get it down to £50 a month have a 2 week break after each sensor. Wouldn’t waste money on the Aidex

If cost is the issue I’d use libre but less of the time. If you want to get the cost down to £75 a month then use a libre 3 out of 4 weeks by having a break for one week after each sensor. If you want to get it down to £50 a month have a 2 week break after each sensor. Wouldn’t waste money on the Aidex
My last sensor expired on Sunday 28th August. I have been debating whether to wait until I can upgrade my phone when my current contract expires on 9th October or get a sensor now.

The Aidex and the Libre both have their faults however as currently I am not eligible for Libre 2 on prescription I have to self fund if I want to use it. The one drawback I can envisage having it on prescription is possible conditions being required.

Sorry for sounding dim but not sure how I can use a Libre 3 out of 4 weeks when a sensor lasts 14 days.

Month 1:

Week 1 & 2 : sensor 1
Week 3 : break
Week 4 : sensor 2

Month 2

Week 1 : still sensor 2
Week 2 : break
Week 3 & 4 : sensor 3

Month 3

Week 1 : break
Week 2 & 3 : sensor 4
Week 4 : break
Week 5 : sensor 5

Month 4

Week 1 : still sensor 5
Week 3 & 4 : sensor 6

Etc

So you see that each month (classifying one as 5 weeks as 3 months is 13 weeks) you get 3 weeks Libre data, with 1 Week of no data in 2 months and 2 weeks of no data in the 3rd "longer" month

Month 1:

Week 1 & 2 : sensor 1
Week 3 : break
Week 4 : sensor 2

Month 2

Week 1 : still sensor 2
Week 3 & 4 : sensor 3

Month 3

Week 1 : break
Week 2 & 3 : sensor 4
Week 4 : break
Week 5 : sensor 5

Month 4

Week 1 : still sensor 5
Week 3 & 4 : sensor 6

Etc

So you see that each month (classifying one as 5 weeks as 3 months is 13 weeks) you get 3 weeks Libre data, with 1 Week of no data in 2 months and 2 weeks of no data in the 3rd "longer" month
Okay thanks although I can only see it working if you start at the beginning of a month. If you are starting halfway through a month I can't see how it works unless on a rolling month. I think think it's going to be easier to do it two weeks a month. Thank you for your time and input though.

Okay thanks although I can only see it working if you start at the beginning of a month. If you are starting halfway through a month I can't see how it works unless on a rolling month. I think think it's going to be easier to do it two weeks a month. Thank you for your time and input though.
Don't think of them as calendar months just a blocks of 14 days so you can start on whatever day you choose.

I think you’re overthinking it. If you put £75 a month into a pot, you’d have £150 every two months. So you would have enough for 3 sensors every 2 months, or 6 weeks out of every 8, and so you’d have data three quarters of the time. They don’t need to be exact calendar months.

If you put £50 a month into the glucose sensor fund then you need to take a 2 week break after each sensor.

I think you’re overthinking it. If you put £75 a month into a pot, you’d have £150 every two months. So you would have enough for 3 sensors every 2 months, or 6 weeks out of every 8, and so you’d have data three quarters of the time. They don’t need to be exact calendar months.

If you put £50 a month into the glucose sensor fund then you need to take a 2 week break after each sensor.
I'm overthinking it. A habit I am trying to get out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back