Is fasting a good idea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow digesting carbs have always been suggested by my care team, I didn’t say it gives you permission to eat large amounts of them so rather concerned by your replies.

Why?

I try to eat as few carbs as possible.. always keep in ketosis.

Has kept me with sub 30 HbA1c for the past 7 odd years.

Why?

I try to eat as few carbs as possible.. always keep in ketosis.

Has kept me with sub 30 HbA1c for the past 7 odd years.
Because it’s going against the information being given by medical professionals and have given you the link I refer to when I have a question on my own diet.

You’re aware of the low carb research on ketogenic diets now and risks to diabetics? It’s more concern for type 1 but research is still ongoing. I hope your kidneys are in good health and being kept an eye on.

Slow digesting carbs have always been suggested by my care team, I didn’t say it gives you permission to eat large amounts of them so rather concerned by your replies.

Many of us are, they're quite extreme views at times.
But I see you have already noticed that.

@travellor and I have rather opposing views... and yes my kidneys are fine thanks no need to fear protein...

My medics know a lot less than I do about T2 and cholesterol so I tend to ignore them.

I took control of my own health because it matters far more to me than to them.

@travellor and I have rather opposing views... and yes my kidneys are fine thanks no need to fear protein...

My medics know a lot less than I do about T2 and cholesterol so I tend to ignore them.

I took control of my own health because it matters far more to me than to them.

Thailand and not being able to eat any rice or noodle dishes!

You can include me then as the diabetes U.K. plan is what works for me as well, please ensure you keep an eye on your kidneys as info on diabetes uk site and also healthline in the USA is very concerning around ketogenic and Atkinson style very low carb diets.

Thailand and not being able to eat any rice or noodle dishes!
Had a delicious seafood curry with a side of omelet for dinner tonight, after chicken satay skewers for a starter..
I feel so deprived...

Rice and noodle dishes can almost always be ordered without rice or noodles..

But yes thanks we're having a lovely time..

Had to fast before for medical procedures, but would rather not as like me food, 3 good meals keeps engine ticking along nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back