Invitation to you all for our big 'night in'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Just a reminder to everyone that tonight is the big 'night in' together!:D

To all the newbies - we have started an experiment of all eating the same food and explaining how it affects levels and what dose/carbs were eaten etc. Hopefully this will help us all to work out better methods of avoiding those awful high levels with certain foods.

Your all invited. Tonights menu is 'Fish and chips' - you can either get it from the local chip shop or make it yourself or use frozen products. Whatever suits you.

When you have eaten and got your levels - taken over a 4 or 5 hour period then please post your details on the 'sticky' at the top of the message board so we can see the results and then compare and learn.

I am hoping there are more 'pumpers' tonight as we havent done fish and chips on the pump - so fairly clueless.😱

Hope you all enjoy your meal - Alex is so excited to be eating fish and chips - it was the first thing he said this morning!🙂Bev

YAY fish n chips!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Now I am having a quandry about whether to be a bad girl & go to the chip shop, or be a good girl a cook a version of it....

I might be bad cos I have college at 7 so dont have a huge amount of cooking time tonight😱

opps ive muddled up again...brought stuff for fajettas....is that next week ???
maybe i will do the test anyway and save my results till next week when i could do the fish n chips and swop sorry to be confusing :confused:

Cant wait im soo excited about this one i just love fish and chips x

am this is the plan.

3rd Spag bol
10th fish and chips
24th fajhitas. but im sure you can work around it , maybe save your resukts somehwere from the fajitas tonight and use them in 2 weeks time when we have fajitas, then you have the fish and chips that night and add them onto the ongoing thread from today x

Last edited:
im totally confused now ....but thanks Steff.... of course we not doing 'bevs big night in' next week !!! 🙂 UNDERSTAND:confused:....i think xxx

Hmmm, I really want to do this but on a diet so should probably resist!
If I finish work on time I'll try to go shopping to do some sort of lower calorie version at home.

Hmmm, I really want to do this but on a diet so should probably resist!
If I finish work on time I'll try to go shopping to do some sort of lower calorie version at home.

im totally confused now ....but thanks Steff.... of course we not doing 'bevs big night in' next week !!! 🙂 UNDERSTAND:confused:....i think xxx

No think its to do with kids are on holiday and i think adrienne orginally said that was why .

FISH & CHIPS from chippy :D:D:D:D

Confused about next week too! But it don't take much!

Adreinne will be on later today i guess she will say more but as i say i distinctly remember her saying something about kids being on school holidays and the 17th been undoable, if im totally wrong then i have confused us all for nothing lolol. x

No think its to do with kids are on holiday and i think adrienne orginally said that was why .

Yep thats the only reason, cos of being on half term. If you guys want to go ahead with something go for it, don't let me dictate what you all do. We are not here so that is why I said that no other reason 😉

fair do's

I was thinking, personnally I would find pizza an interesting one, maybe that could be slipped in in the gap??

Just a thought (I have them sometimes!)

Rossi 🙂

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to miss this one, my numbers have been too bad lately for me to risk it. Even oven chips would be too high in carbs. I'm drooling at the thought though. I've been dreaming about that scampi.

Ok, well managed to miss lunch so have indulged in a small cod and chips from the chippy, mmmmm

Bummer! Alex had eaten 2 slices of toast after school - and had forgotten to bolus! So he has started at 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Grrrrrrrrrrr😱

He also had eyes bigger than his belly and only ate half the fish and half the chips! Luckily, I had thought he would do this so was cautious with the carbs.

I guessed a fish at 25carbs and his chips at 50carbs. We have done a 40/60 over 5 hours and given a correction for the 16mmols - this probably wont work tonight!:(

Hope your all enjoying your F/C🙂Bev

Oh wow totally different from us then Bev.

I'm going to put what I have done on the 'sticky' and just edit it once I have the rest of the details.

Well I'm bloated! Had a good day numbers wise, lets see what 'appens here, chips normally mess with me!!

I'm still tweaking my basals and ratios at the moment, but we ended up having fish and chips for dinner tonight so I thought I'd give this a go and see what happens! It's such an interesting experiment. :D

This is really useful to read along with the 'sticky' as haven't tried fish'n'chips since J has had Diabetes- having it next week whilst at the seaside for half term 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back