Interesting stats these computers do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
alan, do you mean into the actual meter, or the software programme? I can inout all this into the software programme I use at the moment, but I'd like to actually input insulin doses into the meter, for when I'm not near the computer/away/out and about.
You can put it into the meter.
The only problem I found with it is that for some reason it insists on increments of 0.1 unit for my Humalog, so it can take a while to change it by 5 or 6 units.
There are 4 special buttons on it to enter exercise, health info, meds and food intake.
There's also an info button that will allow you to view your logbook, graphs, averages and other things. Basically everything you can do on the computer.

Oh, and I meant the OneTouch UltraSmart btw.
http://www.lifescan.com/products/meters/ultrasmart/

@Runner - I had the UltraSmart and it is a very good meter and as AlanJardine has already said you can put your BG, Insulin, Food (Carbs), Exercise all into the meter itself, and it displays a graph on the meter too.

@MarcLister - If you (or anyone else) wants a look at my spreadsheet I'd be happy to post a link to it.

NiVZ

that sounds really goois - I used to have a one-touch ultra, and tried upgrading to the vista, but it was a bit clunky, so got a Wavesense Jazz. althou it displays all sorts of info. graphs etc, you can't input doses. Might think about a new one touch then....

Thanks for the info both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back