insulin pen holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinnie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
does anyone know where i can get/buy a insulin pen holder for when i am out and about i asked the chemist but she was very unhelpful :(

How about a pencil case? Lots to choose from and cheap, plus can hold all your other gubbins too!:D

How about a pencil case? Lots to choose from and cheap, plus can hold all your other gubbins too!:D

great idea northerner thanks didnt think off that :D

All that kinda gear I'd raid my DSN's (nursey's) cupboard, although I'd ask first! But maybe have a look online with the company that make your pen/drugs, worth a go.

Good Luck

Rossi🙂

All that kinda gear I'd raid my DSN's (nursey's) cupboard, although I'd ask first! But maybe have a look online with the company that make your pen/drugs, worth a go.

Good Luck

Rossi🙂

i fogot to ask when i was there last and i tried the website for one but no joy

pencil case - cheap, discrete & convenient

I use a pencil case, and unless I know I'll be staying out past evening dose time, I just take a pen containing my short acting insulin, plus a spare short acting cartridge and a long acting cartridge, which I can administer with either my short acting pen or the spare syringe that I also carry as back up. Plenty of space for name & address label, spare needles, a couple of plasters (for the very few occasions an injection bleeds and I'm wearing pale coloured clothing or for general scratches from other incidents), painkillers, tampons etc. All in a pencil case measuring 12cm x 20cm and about 5cm deep when filled, that cost about 60p from a supermarket reduced shelf. For slightly smaller capacity but more rigidity / protection, there are pencil / geometry instrument cases made of plastic or metal - remove the inner holders unless your pens are shaped like set squares, compasses, protractors or rulers!

Last edited:
I use a pencil case too, keep my pens, spare cartridges, needles, meter etc. Handy to have everything in one thing.

I use a pencil case mostly, it looks nicer than the cases that they supply with the pens. I don't keep my meter in there though, might try it now I've seen that you do that too Aymes.

I use this little black case I got with my watch last year. Its a bit bigger than a pencil case, but has everything in it - both insulin pens, blood meter (and sometimes a spare), log book, spare needles, tablets. evverrryyyttthiiinnngggg

Frio do one which can also keep pen cool in summer. I have used their products a lot and find them quite brilliant. Just google Frio and they come up.

thanks guys you are all brilliant:D

If you do use a Frio case (not really necessary in UK conditions, except perhaps for camping for long periods in high summer - I've never used one, even for trekking / camping for weeks on end in Costa Rica, Chile, Ecuador, Morocco etc), then DO NOT keep your meter in it - electronic kit doesn't cope well with damp fabric.

99p - you were overcharged!!! But perhaps not all adults want cut price pencil cases with last year's superheroes or film characters?!?

got a nice plain black one today with seperate bits for my pens and needles

i could do with a new holder tbh, keep it all in one place...i still have a few quid left from my amazon voucher...

Katie - restrained plain grey one currently, but last one had a Japanese Samurai character and before that some jungle characters. Cases last me about 2 years before beginning to fall apart from constant use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back