Insulin not effective

Status
Not open for further replies.
The train may have people on it but it can’t be that busy if you’re able to eat your breakfast on it - pretty much anywhere you’re able to eat you’re able to inject. If you can’t eat and inject on the train because yes some of them are that packed, then do it on the platform before you leave, or at home before you set off. As you’re only on intermediate/long acting insulin I don’t understand why you’d have to take it on the train anyway.

Also tbh , sitting on a train and consuming some food is easier and dare I say more acceptable than exposing my Tsunami of a stomach even trying to be discreet

I think it’s natural to want to have only one injection per day .if it doesn’t work then I will have 2 , 3 . Whatever I need
Whatever we choose is a balance between convenience and flexibility that will be different for each of us. As you suggest, if the one a day injection is not enabling you to keep your levels as you want them, it is time to look at alternatives.

Also tbh , sitting on a train and consuming some food is easier and dare I say more acceptable than exposing my Tsunami of a stomach even trying to be discreet
No one sees my stomach when I inject, I just lift my T-shirt enough to insert the needle. Even if they do, who cares, they’re seeing less than when you go swimming.

I would advise tp split the dose of Humulin 1. It is a medium lasting insulin, so for effective BG control (in addition to the diet) it is best to take a dose in the morning and one in the evening. Simply increasing a single dose won't make it last over a 24 hour period. It shouldn't be used for more than two injections per day, and it makes no difference when you eat.

I also think that anybody on insulin should be seen by a consultant, and not just a nurse, whether they are T1, T2, or 3c

Recently started on the same insulin and it’s been slow to start working, on 22 units and this week started, have a friend have the same experience.

I on long acting insulin Toujeo once a day lasts for 24 hours.So it possibly but I think they try you med acting one first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back