inside out socks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruth Goode

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
I was reading a book about Diabetes, and I was curious about this bit so I wonder if you all others diabetics wear inside out socks to protect your toes?

i wear the non elastic top socks with no seams ...or my woolly ones that are like home knitted ones !

Last edited:
I wear them both ways. They last twice as long between washes that way.

(cough)

Andy 🙂

I do the same as am now thanks to her advice.... x but i dont wear them inside out.

Being sensible, though (me?), I hadn't heard of those before.

But I am trying desperately to find some nice cotton socks which last more than just a few days.

Once upon a time, I could buy them from M&S and they'd last for years, now they wear through in just days (literally!).

Andy

But I am trying desperately to find some nice cotton socks which last more than just a few days.

Once upon a time, I could buy them from M&S and they'd last for years, now they wear through in just days (literally!).

Andy

Andy you got a sports direct near you? i get his socks from there umbro or adidas ones and they last a good while..

I've never heard that one! I was advised to buy socks without seams, and with tops that don't inhibit circulation. I wonder what else I should be wearing differently? 🙂

Andy

i got mine cheap from a sunday market in Pembrokeshire ..dead cheap and i buy LOADSSS and still have hundreds of odds .....

I've never heard that one! I was advised to buy socks without seams, and with tops that don't inhibit circulation. I wonder what else I should be wearing differently? 🙂

Well you certainly should not be wearing those superman pants you showed me northey 😛

my FiL wheres the bamboo fibre socks .....

Never intentionally, but it has crossed my mind.I'm sure there is a website which sell "special" socks and shoes to us "special ones" might have a look into it.

Rossi

I was advised when I was diagnosed to wear seamless socks but I'm still thinking about it. I might get some soon.

I'm sure I've worn them inside out on many an occasion but wouldn't have noticed. 🙄

Rob

ps. superman underpants ???? 😱

I do remember this advice from a podiatrist..as the seamless socks can be expensive she advised simply turning the socks inside out. Another tip she gave (which seems incredibly simplistic I know) is always check inside your shoes before you put then on if you have nerve damage. She gave a good talk and emphasised how many people have ended up with serious problems (which have eventually ended up involving vascular surgery) from things such as a small piece of grit in the shoes :(

A very good point - I always check my socks and shoes for bits and pieces. There's always a danger that they might not be noticed and cause a problem.

Last edited:
I always check my shoes - have found scorpions in them in Mexico, but even squidging a slug when camping in Uk is very unpleasant (and fatal for slug). Socks are usually OK, as I keep them inside my sleeping bag to keep them arm & dry, so no slugs, scorpions etc there (mosquito nets or bivvy bags keep out most things if there's a risk of dangerous beasties).

I always check my shoes - have found scorpions in them in Mexico, but even squidging a slug when camping in Uk is very unpleasant (and fatal for slug). Socks are usually OK, as I keep them inside my sleeping bag to keep them arm & dry, so no slugs, scorpions etc there (mosquito nets or bivvy bags keep out most things if there's a risk of dangerous beasties).

Off topic - You are a well travelled individual...............

I found a little dead bird (a finch of some sort) in my wellington boot once. :(

Andy

Put there as a gift by a generous cat to a hopeless human hunter?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back