Injecting & testing in public??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always test and inject in public, and never had a single comment and don't get many looks, I think most people are more interested in what they are doing than me.

my sister was chatting to me last night and i was telling her about this thread as she always likes to know how im getting on and how its going , i was saying to her people are always nosey and wondering whats going on , but she told me once she was getting on the bus with her buggy the baby was about 6 month old and an old couple where on the bus 2 men in fact and they saw her struggling and tutted and got off the bus cause she got on with buggy she was so bemused by it , why do people always turn there noses up at ridiculous things :confused::confused:

Hi everyone

I was just wondering what your thoughts are on injecting & testing in public?
Do you inject say at the table if you are eating out, or always in the toilets?
I always inject and do sugar tests in private and as I never see other diabetics doing it, just wondered what the general consensus was!

Thanks!😛

I test at my desk at work. If I am going out I test before I go and again when I get back, but I take my puncture kit just in case. I did see one man testing on the train one morning, but he looked like he was having a hypo as he als had his bottle of lucozade.

As long as you are discreet I can't see a problem. Where I work, the public loos are very clean, but if people ask and explain why, they can use a first aid room for all the necessary, as long as they are accompanied by a member of staff.

I rarely do this in public and avoid injecting unless i'm at home, maybe this is part of why I can't accept and control my diabetes! I prob justify not doing this because i'm in public, I feel like I bore people with it all as they usually ask questions and altho they may not know much about it, I know too much and bore myself! Altho, I might try it now as from what you all say, it sounds like fun to annoy narrow minded people who are rude enough to make snide comments! Ding ding...Round 2!! Ha ha will post if and when I get my heckles up with someone over the issue!

I do it where ever I am sat! we aren't doing anything wrong, why should we have to go somewhere else? If they don't want to look then don't look. Its rude to stare anyway😛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back