Injecting in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex always tries to inject discreetly - mostly because he feels embarrased as he is 11!

BUT - we have just come back from the weekend with 35 type 1 children and he said it was the most relaxed he has felt - being able to inject and finger prick etc in front of lots of people and no-one batting an eye! He also loved seeing the various types of pumps etc and the sensors etc..🙂Bev

Glad he enjoyed the weekend 🙂 as he gets abit older he will be less selfconcious about injecting / glucose testing in public like the rest of us.

I'm getting the feeling from the few I spoke to that it may depend on your age when you were diagnosed, I was diagonsed in my thirties and have no shame! So the only thing I am wary of is crowds or small children. I once lifted and injected in the middle of the market in Marakesh (Morocco) They thought I was a druggie and then offered us lots of hash!

My son just does everything in public...The injections are usually easy to manage -- he lifts his shirt, turns away a little. It's all table-level anyway. Interestingly finger pricking usually more difficult, as there's so much paraphenalia with fiddly strips and lancets that he needs a table for it usually, and we've had some open stares, though no questions or offensive remarks, over this.

Actually, I'm going to start another thread on this subject... Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back