Infected infusion site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with your infected site Natalie and I hope you are feeling better.

I am due to start pumping within the next few weeks, fortunatly I have some antiseptic cream and small round plasters which I will use to cover my cannula sites when I remove the sets. My DSN thinks I'm over reacting...hehe but I get infections from cuts easily and I hope my little plasters should solve a problem like that.

Yep you are over reacting. :D
Please do not stick plasters over the site after you remove the cannula. It needs to breath and heal. A dab of cream is just fine though.

Welcome to the world of pumping 🙂

Good luck with your infected site Natalie and I hope you are feeling better.

I am due to start pumping within the next few weeks, fortunatly I have some antiseptic cream and small round plasters which I will use to cover my cannula sites when I remove the sets. My DSN thinks I'm over reacting...hehe but I get infections from cuts easily and I hope my little plasters should solve a problem like that.

....you will have enough sticky/adhesive marks to remove without adding more! 😉 Good luck with your pump start 🙂

Last edited:
I had that a couple times but was when I did change my site after just a bath in the early days of having my pump and an infection built up as the coating left on your skin by soap got pushed in. If you put a warm pad over it - it will ease the swelling and draw any gunk out. If it is extremely hot then antiobiotics might be needed to help.

Hope you feel better soon 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back