Inaccurate glucose reading on Freestyle libre 2 app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akillah@5

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I believe there is a technical fault on the FreeStyle Libre 2 app it’s not giving me the right glucose readings I had my insulins I think the app is a bit faulty I have tried restarting my IPhone but nothing seems to be working

Have you taken into consideration the frequently mentioned limitations of CGMs.
- compression lows
- bedding in period
- designed for "normal" levels

Yeah I normally rely on my Freestyle Libre 2 app on my IPhone for the readings but the app freezes alot

I think there need to upgrade on the Freestyle Libre app 2 for Android phones and IOS the app is frozen on my IPhone

As many of you know that there have been quite a few technical issues with the Freestyle Libre 2 app reader for IOS users which means it not give inaccurate real time glucose readings and it worry’s me hopefully Abbotts team should maybe have a look

Can you explain what you mean about "inaccurate"?
The app should be no less accurate because it is real time. It is still getting the same raw data which it applies to the same algorithm.
Are you sure the problem is the app rather than your current sensor?

In other threads you have described the problem as “signal lost”, “sensor error”, “frozen app” and “inaccurate readings “.
As an engineer, I would interpret these as 4 completely different problems to investigate.
Are you experiencing all of these things with the same sensor when your phone is close to your sensor since the latest real time upgrade?

Last edited:
@helli I have changed the sensor only two days ago I’m sure it the app that is playing up not giving the the right glucose readings

@helli I have changed the sensor only two days ago I’m sure it the app that is playing up not giving the the right glucose readings
Why do you think it is the app?
Do you also have a Reader which gives different results?

If the sensor is only 2 days old, is it possible that you were experiencing inaccuracies due to the sensor “bedding in time”?

You’ve posted about this many many times and we have tried to help but you are simply not giving enough information to help. Can you explain in more detail? Give examples?

If English is not your first language then you could try seeing if an online translation from your first language to English helps. Or you could post photos to show what you mean.

Sorry you are having problems with the Freestyle Libre app @Akillah@5

It can be frustrating when diabetes technology does not behave as you are expecting.

Remember that Freestyle Libre and other continuous sensors are not reading capillary blood glucose, but are measuring glucose in interstitial fluid, which reacts more slowly to glucose changes. So results from Libre and your fingerstick blood glucose meter are likely to be different a lot of the time.

As other members have already said, the sensors can also take a few days to ‘settle in’ after insertion, so you may find larger differences in sensor glucose vs blood glucose during the first 24-72 hours.

The smartphone app and Libre readers use the same algorithm to convert the raw sensor data into sensor glucose values - so you should get the same results from the reader and app.

I don’t think members here really understand what you mean by the app ‘freezing’. You may have to describe what happens in more detail?

Scan again in 10 minutes is a separate error, and can be triggered by glucose levels that are fluctuating rapidly.

Signal loss generally occurs when phone and sensor are either too far apart, or there is something between them. I always try to have my sensor and receiver on the same side of my body to give a better chance of the sensor ‘seeing’ the receiver.

For example on my Freestyle libre 2 app reader the glucose readings are weird the on and it’s 9.6 then a fews minutes 10.9

For example on my Freestyle libre 2 app reader the glucose readings are weird the on and it’s 9.6 then a fews minutes 10.9
Your blood sugar was rising if it went up after a few minutes

Why do you think this is wrong?
Since the last update to the LibreLink app, it is not necessary to scan the sensor to upload the latest readings.
Now the readings are automatically transmitted to your app via Bluetooth.
It looks to me as if this is what is happening: as @Lucyr mentioned, your levels are rising and in the last few minutes they increased from 9.6 to 10.9.
This is what I would expect to see since the last update to the app.

Yeah the FreeStyle Libre needs to update it website has the live chat always says an agent is offline

Yeah the FreeStyle Libre needs to update
Have you downloaded the latest app from the App Store?

You’re still not explaining things enough I’m afraid. Would you consider sharing screenshots or getting someone to help you explain the issue?

You’re still not explaining things enough I’m afraid. Would you consider sharing screenshots or getting someone to help you explain the issue?
I think what the OP is saying is that the Abbott website needs updating because the live chat facility is never available. (I guess this is due to it being overwhelmed by recent events!)

IMG_0267.pngHi

I don’t have a finger prick machine
The graph looks fine and normal to me. Sometimes the arrow will stay horizontal as horizontal -> means changing slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back