In which i moan about diabetes big time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came across this thread and I'm glad it's not just me that feels that way. I get extremely frustrated with my diabetes sometimes. Each year, my eyesight seems to change and I've now got a cataract in my left eye which I've been told is due to my diabetes. Even more frustrating, are the times when people start nagging me to eat or test myself because I'm moody. I was a moody little grouch before I was diagnosed yet now everyone assumes it's because I haven't eaten and as for the people who say "you've got diabetes, so you can't have a small piece of cake or go anywhere near sugar" 😡

Just came across this thread and I'm glad it's not just me that feels that way. I get extremely frustrated with my diabetes sometimes. Each year, my eyesight seems to change and I've now got a cataract in my left eye which I've been told is due to my diabetes. Even more frustrating, are the times when people start nagging me to eat or test myself because I'm moody. I was a moody little grouch before I was diagnosed yet now everyone assumes it's because I haven't eaten and as for the people who say "you've got diabetes, so you can't have a small piece of cake or go anywhere near sugar" 😡

Arghh I get this alllll the time from friends and family !! Just because I'm usually cheerful if I'm in a mood for some reason I get asked if Im hypo !! Grrrr 😡 And as for The Diabetes Police >>> Grrrr , I know what I can eat !!!

Hi Sam,

I am sorry you felt so down the other day! If I had extra long arms I would give you a mahooosive huggle!!! Anyway, What I want to say is that I was diagnosed the same year as you (i think) 13 years ago! I turned 18 in the march and bang in the april (just after easter, so yes I had shed loads of eggs) I got ill and was diagnosed! I too went through a rebellious stage where I 'wasn't going to let this rule me!', I have too thought about not giving myself the insulin so that I can be normal, and at times, I have done this and not felt good after wards. It is cr&p and we all go though the emotions and I know people will try and make you feel better but to be honest, it never really helps, cause at the end of the day....they don't have it! You will be fine, you will still have your blips but we all have to deal with this and it won't go away so the best things to do it just get on with it as best you can.

I understand completely what you are saying about a pump. I have considered it for years but when I was younger (i am 31 now) I really didn't want to have something connected 24/7 to me! how would I hide it? what would people think? but hey, you know what...if it makes a difference, does it really matter? you can always go back to mdi if it doesn't suit.

I know it is hard and there will always be times when it gets to us more than others but be strong. we are all here for you to talk to and at the end of the day, we all know exactley how you feel and what you are talkin about!

big hugs and kiss

Lesley x😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back