In need of some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can relate to that! I will quite happily (well, you know what I mean!) jab myself up to 10 times a day as necessary, but tell me I'm due a flu jab....😱 I'm fairly convinced most diabetics are (have to be?!) control freaks to some degree! (I'm also a really bad passenger, but that's another story! :D)

This sums me and my needle issues up perfectly Twitchy 😱 When I know Im due a Blood test or a Flu Jab I go to pieces 😱

Thanks again for the advice folks. I'm seeing the consultant next Thursday. I'll tell him what happened - he already knows about my needle issues, and see what he says.

I know it's no help to you, Alan, but you (and the replies to your thread) have really been a help to me as I thought I was the only one they couldn't get blood from ! I've had so many nurses try and fail I felt I must be doing something wrong myself even when I tried to relax and let them get it over with.

One Dr at my old surgery was a pediatric chap and he used the needle that he would on a child (I have very small deep veins I'm told) and that really was OK - but in the past I've had nurses who wouldn't give up and kept digging and then a Dr had to come and take it out the back of my hand, which hurt but at least they got it.

It does help to have a sympathetic nurse telling you you're not a wimp and you're not the only one but you don't care about that at the time do you ?

All I can say is good luck next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back