I'm happy now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steff,
you haven't let her find out for herself have you ? You've bulled it up to high heaven. The X-pert course is Ok for Newbies but not that great in general - Caroline is possibly well past anything they have to say.

Peter I will say this only once. I am going on the course and will find out for myself, regardless of anything Steff or anyone else says. I am going with an open mind, so please don't make assumptions on my behalf.

Thank you for your words of encouragement Peter. Even if there is nothing of any value in the course, it has to be better than the lack of support many of us get!

Hi there,
I didn't say there was "nothing of any value in the course". Quite the opposite, did you miss these bits ...
"It's useful for newbies though, especially the emphasis on Low Gi diet( albeit a simplistic version of GI) and Carbohydrate Awareness.
the handbook is a good reference point however - defines a carb portion as 15g and lists examples of what a carb portion is in terms of various foods."

don't shoot the messenger.

Hi there,
I didn't say there was "nothing of any value in the course". Quite the opposite, did you miss these bits ...
"It's useful for newbies though, especially the emphasis on Low Gi diet( albeit a simplistic version of GI) and Carbohydrate Awareness.
the handbook is a good reference point however - defines a carb portion as 15g and lists examples of what a carb portion is in terms of various foods."

don't shoot the messenger.

If the course is only good for newbies, it wont be a total loss will it? i will have at least got to make some new friends.

I also think if you expect to get nothing out of a thing, you invariably get nothing from it.

Actually Peter, you sound just like my father, he can't see the point in me doing the course either!

If the course is only good for newbies, it wont be a total loss will it? i will have at least got to make some new friends.

I also think if you expect to get nothing out of a thing, you invariably get nothing from it.

Actually Peter, you sound just like my father, he can't see the point in me doing the course either!

Hi again,
i never suggested the course would be "total loss" or that it was "only good for newbies" nor did I say there was "no point in you doing the course". Nor did I say you "would get nothing out of it".
i just gave you a realistic, warts and all, appraisal of the X-pert course so that you wouldn't be too let down with it.

I repeat - don't shoot the messenger. Approach the course with an open mind.

Last edited:
when i was dx i wasnt told about any courses... its only by being on here and reading up on the threads that I even knew courses exsited...and alot of the other info that newbies need. i dont think any one can ' know it all' and so will continue to read as much as possible to help with my T2 condition however long i have had it. even after 18 months i found the write ups on courses very interesting ...

I would also try to be proactive by attending the course and asking lots of questions if i didnt agree or understand , Rather thinking its not worth it.

If places offered are not taken up the next thing will be that the monitoring stats will show no need ...so funding will get cut.

If the courses are not good say so in the feed back form so that they can redesign them to make them better.

its a shame peter that you didnt get much out of your experience maybe the trainer wasnt very good ... maybe steff enjoyed hers so much as she had a good trainer ? i know it can make a huge difference. If its about the content than as i said before Tell them be proactive x🙂

I quite agree Am, I think the courses are being developed as they go along. Steff did her course in 6 sessions and mine will be in 5. Because Steff told us about her course, we will be able to compare the differences.

As I said before, if you go along and expect to get nothing from anything you invariable get nothing. I think it will be a very usefull learning experience and an opportunity to make new friends, and who knows, maybe even some new members of our forum too?

I guess with many things in life we all have diffirent experiences i got alot out of it and personally would champion the x-pert course to any type 2 out there, it is better then nothing in my eyes .

Hi Steff,
you haven't let her find out for herself have you ? You've bulled it up to high heaven. The X-pert course is Ok for Newbies but not that great in general - Caroline is possibly well past anything they have to say.

if bulled it up to high heaven means i have had nothing but good things to say about it then yes you are correct peter.

With any course what people get out of it will depend on lots of factors such as

time since diagnosis
ability of the tutor
how much information HCP have given etc etc

If Caroline finds it covers a lot of what she knows she can always ask questions to further her understanding and those of the others on the course.

With any course what people get out of it will depend on lots of factors such as

time since diagnosis
ability of the tutor
how much information HCP have given etc etc

If Caroline finds it covers a lot of what she knows she can always ask questions to further her understanding and those of the others on the course.

Well said, and this course is better than the lack of information I get from my GP. I have a few questions I want to ask already, and will certainl leave feed back at the end of the course.

I also intend to keep my doctor informed on the course so that others can choose to go or not go on it as the choose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back