I'm happy now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just got a call from the xpert people. My course will start on April 19th. It is the course my silly doctor said didn't exist. I'm gonna do the course, make lots of notes and write up a report and give it to him along with all the stuff from the website, then hand details round to others...

ooOoOooOo Caroline you know what i think of that course so well done and please do what i did and come on here and talk about each session, you will love it hun im forever dipping into my x-pert booklet to get advice.Your daft doctor should be put in his place as well.

He will hear all about it. As I will get time off work, my manager who is wonderful also wants a report so I'll be glad to report back and tell everyone Did I say happy? more like overjoyed, on a par with being able to eat lots and lots of chocolate and not going hyper...

He will hear all about it. As I will get time off work, my manager who is wonderful also wants a report so I'll be glad to report back and tell everyone Did I say happy? more like overjoyed, on a par with being able to eat lots and lots of chocolate and not going hyper...

Yes well you will get so much out of it , mind you on mine they was not an awful lot there as only 9 outta 30 turned up that got invited, well they missed out on what was a wonderful course so more fool them i say, is it every monday for 6 sessions?

Hi Caroline,

Where's your Xpert course being held? I noticed that you're located in London, so is it at St Mary's? That's where I did mine (and very useful it was too).

Andy

Mine is at Erith Health Centre. I'm in South East London and it was the nearest to me at the time that suited me best.

Steff yes every Monday for 6 sessions. I'm looking forward to it. if only a few people turn up, it is the loss of all the others as I am sure there will be loads of useful stuff to learn and those that do will get more of a chance to have questions answered. It will be (they say) near a supermarket, so will be handy for that weeks course too!

Mine is at Erith Health Centre. I'm in South East London and it was the nearest to me at the time that suited me best.

Steff yes every Monday for 6 sessions. I'm looking forward to it. if only a few people turn up, it is the loss of all the others as I am sure there will be loads of useful stuff to learn and those that do will get more of a chance to have questions answered. It will be (they say) near a supermarket, so will be handy for that weeks course too!

Yes well that week of the supermarket tour and the final session of what the complications where personally my 2 most informative sessions.

Last edited:
Yes well that week of the supermarket tour and the final session of what the complications where personally where my 2 most informative sessions.

I'm looking forward to all of the sessions, but as hubby has a diary (even a dairy one) intolerance and little feller is fussy/picky eater I know the supermarket one will be very useful

I've got my confirmation today that my Xpert course starts on the 15th April so maybe we can compare notes. I'm looking forward to it!

I've got my confirmation today that my Xpert course starts on the 15th April so maybe we can compare notes. I'm looking forward to it!

Thats brilliant news from one who has just recently completed it i tell you it is so great.

Annimay it will be great to compare notes, maybe we can do it on the same thread to make it easier for everyone?

I got my letter of confirmation yesterday, I have 5 weeks of (I think) slightly longer sessions. Suits my boss thoe as it is one less afternoon off work, and she is going to find a place to add it to my PMR (the mid year review part of my report).

I got my letter of confirmation yesterday, I have 5 weeks of (I think) slightly longer sessions. Suits my boss thoe as it is one less afternoon off work, and she is going to find a place to add it to my PMR (the mid year review part of my report).

slightly longer?

Caroline, I hope you enjoy the course and find it useful.

Caroline, I hope you enjoy the course and find it useful.

Thanks, I am looking forward to it. I am going to write a report for my doctor and give him all kinds of information so that others (hopefully) can take advantage if they want to too.

My moto is I'm Type 2 not second class!

Thanks, I am looking forward to it. I am going to write a report for my doctor and give him all kinds of information so that others (hopefully) can take advantage if they want to too.

My moto is I'm Type 2 not second class!

Don't build your hopes up too much. the course isn't that good, doesn't even have testing in the syllabus for example. It's useful for newbies though, especially the emphasis on Low Gi diet( albeit a simplistic version of GI) and Carbohydrate Awareness. If you do go on the course you will have to try not to get into a stand-up fight with the Dietitian as one participant reported he had done on this group.
the handbook is a good reference point however - defines a carb portion as 15g and lists examples of what a carb portion is in terms of various foods.
TBH you could just nab the Handbook and forget about going to the sessions.
I was surrounded by newbies saying stuff like "I'm all right, my Doctor says I don't need to test my bloods". I said nowt and just dished out copies of Jennifer's Smart Advice at the end of the course.

Don't build your hopes up too much. the course isn't that good,

Tut Peter you can always rely on you to dampen someones spirit
lets let Caroline find out for herself.

Don't build your hopes up too much. the course isn't that good, doesn't even have testing in the syllabus for example. It's useful for newbies though, especially the emphasis on Low Gi diet( albeit a simplistic version of GI) and Carbohydrate Awareness. If you do go on the course you will have to try not to get into a stand-up fight with the Dietitian as one participant reported he had done on this group.
the handbook is a good reference point however - defines a carb portion as 15g and lists examples of what a carb portion is in terms of various foods.
TBH you could just nab the Handbook and forget about going to the sessions.
I was surrounded by newbies saying stuff like "I'm all right, my Doctor says I don't need to test my bloods". I said nowt and just dished out copies of Jennifer's Smart Advice at the end of the course.

Thank you for your words of encouragement Peter. Even if there is nothing of any value in the course, it has to be better than the lack of support many of us get!

Don't build your hopes up too much. the course isn't that good,

Tut Peter you can always rely on you to dampen someones spirit
lets let Caroline find out for herself.

Hi Steff,
you haven't let her find out for herself have you ? You've bulled it up to high heaven. The X-pert course is Ok for Newbies but not that great in general - Caroline is possibly well past anything they have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back