If you were offered a c-peptide test

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100%. I’m sure it puts some newbies off - at a time when they’re in need of advice and support. :(
Puts me off and I’m not a newbie, so yep I’m absolutely certain it’s the reason why a lot of newbies never return after their initial post. They ask for help at a time when they’re lost and confused and just get a load of confusing irrelevant arguing back that isn’t in any way supportive.

Puts me off and I’m not a newbie, so yep I’m absolutely certain it’s the reason why a lot of newbies never return after their initial post. They ask for help at a time when they’re lost and confused and just get a load of confusing irrelevant arguing back that isn’t in any way supportive.
Nicely put @Lucyr.

Good luck with getting to the bottom of your type and treatment - hopefully, it’ll result in you getting the Libre on prescription at least.

Yes, was offered and doing urine cpeptide test today.
Fingers crossed I can pee at the 2hr mark
I hadn’t heard of there being a urine one, everyone seems to get the blood one usually. Hopefully you can pee on cue.

Yes, was offered and doing urine cpeptide test today.
Fingers crossed I can pee at the 2hr mark

Just out of interest, why did they offer this?

@Ducks at Sea I must congratulate you on having a co-operative bladder. Where do I get me one of those?

I meant to respond to @rebrascora asking about private blood tests -
c-pep is £260
anti gad £150
(plus some change) 🙄

@Ducks at Sea I must congratulate you on having a co-operative bladder. Where do I get me one of those?

I meant to respond to @rebrascora asking about private blood tests -
c-pep is £260
anti gad £150
(plus some change) 🙄
Yes, I knew it wouldn't be cheap but I was thinking about the possible benefit's to @Lucyr who is already forking our quite regularly for sensors, so it might have been an investment if the test suggested she was Type 1 and was then able to get sensors on prescription, but i appreciate there are lots of ifs and buts around that, so very much a risky investment.

I hadn’t heard of there being a urine one, everyone seems to get the blood one usually. Hopefully you can pee on cue.
I’ve had 3 the first 2 were urine, my consultant doesn’t like the urine ones and asked for blood. He told me going forward to always ask for blood. Least @Ducks at Sea was given instructions, my DN posted me a urine bottle in a bag and just said pee in this and bring it down. I seem to remember having to get my BG to over 8 but wasn’t told about a time lapse.

I completely forgot to ask about results or next steps so I’ll ask about what happens next at my next appointment in a couple of months.
I gather it usually only takes about a week or ten days to get results for the C-peptide test; so, with any luck, you won't be waiting very long.

As for what the results mean, this is the most useful thing I've found: https://www.exeterlaboratory.com/test/c-peptide-plasma/ , from the Exeter NHS testing lab.

"Stimulated blood" means blood taken after a (carb-containing) meal; so that's the column for Lucyr.

"UCPCR" is the urine test.

I also found this useful for further information: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5446389/ .

Hey Ho @Lucyr - I bet you know what I'm gonna say so I shan't disappoint you! I have always thought you were really T1 practically ever since we first 'met' on DSF all those years ago. (Rhetorical question not needing a response - How many times over the years have I said For goodness sake, woman, ask for a C-peptide test, and you've asked them again for it and they've said No way again.)

So - Hoo flippin' Rah! Whatever the result is - I for one will be pleased that you will know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back