If one went Carnivore for a year, would Diabetes be gone at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if any of the difference can be attributed to just how long someone has been overweight/obese? If it's chronic for years, then any T2 that develops may be harder to reverse, as the body has reset the glucose/insulin 'thermostat' etc?

Then there is the factor of age at DX as well, I guess (which is also interplaying with the 'how long have you been obese?' factor too)

Maybe too many potential variations to test easily.
True. But honesty I’ve seen the longer term obese have as much success as the recently gained brigade. And that doesn’t explain why the less overweight might struggle even more than their larger compatriot. An awful lot now seem to get diagnosed in their 40/50’s and are spread across the two groups. Which is likely quite different metabolically to late 60’ and above as that group might well have a decline in insulin due to ageing (what doesn’t fall as we get older that should stay higher ).

I do realise this is all anecdotal and observational on my limited part but there’s enough literature out there that would appear to support more research along similar lines.

Imagine going year without delicious nutrition fruit & veg, think if I were type 2 would be looking for another route.

Imagine going year without delicious nutrition fruit & veg, think if I were type 2 would be looking for another route.
It's not compulsory however it can be very beneficial.
Remember there is zero requirement for dietary carbohydrate.. we can survive perfectly well without it.
Our bodies are perfectly capable of making the 4g of sugar that usually circulates in our bloodstream through gluconeogenesis without us having to eat any at all.

Remember there is zero requirement for dietary carbohydrate.. we can survive perfectly well without it.
Our bodies are perfectly capable of making the 4g of sugar that usually circulates in our bloodstream through gluconeogenesis without us having to eat any at all.
Gregg's was opened for a reason.
And to be fair, a human can live on most things apart from pure rabbit.
That carnivorous diet will kill you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Like me meat like me veg, so know which route I'd take.

A chap at work in the name of research started drinking 2 litres a day of a probiotic and made himself so ill he nearly died. Any of these things should be viewed with caution as there can be unintended consequences.
My bezzie introduced kefir into her diet, to help with her chronic eczema, and ended up developing rosacea, poor love. And kefir is supposed to be a treatment for rosacea - she was furious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back