ID bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found my bracelet on Etsy. Its pretty, not expensive and free delivery. I've worn it every day since i got it and often have comments on it.
That’s where mine was bought from too!

I checked with paramedics, and was told that if they find someone unconscious, they would always check BG. If I passed out due to hypo then that will be sorted with a drip.

I had not thought about if I had passed out for other reasons and was not hypo. I have not found any that are a piece of jewellery that I would want to wear

A friend’s MedicAlert was recognised by a member of the public when they had a hypo in a shop. This meant they got treatment much quicker and that people didn’t just think they were staggering about being a bit weird. The initial reaction of the shop was to assume they ‘felt a bit faint’ and all they got them was a glass of water. They were just progressing to ‘getting a chair’ when the on the ball member of the public saw the bracelet. Things then changed very quickly.

I was recommended to get medical ID by my consultant as soon as I was diagnosed. One of my children has a MedicAlert too (different medical problem). I’d never be without mine. Not only for my own medical reasons but because it draws attention to and normalises medical ID, benefitting those who have medical issues that might not be as common.

A friend’s MedicAlert was recognised by a member of the public when they had a hypo in a shop.
This is the main reason I wear one, it’s a silicone double sided one, I flip it to the very obvious diabetic side (other side is a discreet medic alert symbol, i have that side out the vast majority of the time) when I’m swimming or when I’m low in public, or when having a weird bg day. A lifeguard wouldn’t be trained to diagnose illness as a hypo, but treatment would certainly be quicker (especially with ambulance delays now) if when ringing 999 the lifeguard can say “she’s diabetic”, or they’d know from their first aid training to give sugar if conscious.

I think I have been convinced, especially regarding swimming. Now need to look at Etsy. Thank you for the suggestions.

Too many choices now!!!!
I just need to choose

Too many choices now!!!!
I just need to choose
I got a waterproof rubber wristband from eBay. It has been in the swimming pool many many times and the writing on the inside is still very legible.

I’ve just taken mine off as my BG levels are now pretty much normal. I’m not sure if I’ve done the right thing though.

Mine was more practical than pretty.

Ive got loads of rubber wrist bands here for T1, if you let me know where to send it i will pop one in the post for you later today.

So I’ve gone a bit rogue!!!!

I already have jewellery that I like wearing and I don’t want to replace with the ID option,
so ….…… I have booked in to have a tattoo!!! Never done anything like it before.

I bought a silicone bracelet from Amazon. On the outside it has the medical alert symbol and on the inside it says Type 2 Diabetes as I didn’t want the world and his wife knowing my business. I’ve also just purchased a fancy metal one that you can have engraved on both the front and back, again with the medical alert symbol on the front. This one will be for when I go out and want something a bit nicer on my wrist.

So I’ve gone a bit rogue!!!!

I already have jewellery that I like wearing and I don’t want to replace with the ID option,
so ….…… I have booked in to have a tattoo!!! Never done anything like it before.
Ooo! How exciting! What are you having done?

Ooo! How exciting! What are you having done?
I can’t find a way of linking to the photo I have of it.
Any techies able to advise. I used to be able to upload photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back