I need to start again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I started injecting in May I was prescribed Levermir & NovaRapid. I then spent 6 months trying to get a solid base where I could at least feel happy I new where the blood sugar may go after a meal. It never happened and I would say 75 - 80% of all readings in that time were outside my target range. Having read the comments above this was probably related to trying to flex both insulin regimes. Last week I switched from Levermir to Lanctus starting with a reduced dosage of 20 (Levermir was 24). Don't know if the Diabetic Nurse had a formula for this or if it was was just a damned good guess but I've had this dose for 10 nights now and had only 2 blood sugars outside the target range. I am now feeling more confident when flexing the NovoRapid dosage to reflect the meal and previouse blood sugar. One side effect I feel like a cloud has lifted from my brain and feel mentally a lot sharper. Know it won't last but will enjoy while it does.

Hi Emma. I don't want to start telling which part of your insulin regime you need to change because I'm pretty sure you know what you're doing. I just wanted to say it's extremely hard looking after small people without having the additional responsibility of managing diabetes. You managed your pregnancy brilliantly and you have a beautiful and healthy baby as a result so don't beat yourself up. I've had a few highs myself recently and have realised afterwards that I've eaten and totally forgotten to have insulin because I've been distracted by Tom!

Keep your chin up and keep doing what you know you need to do. I find writing things down for a few days usually helps to get me back on track. Take care x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back