I might lose my funding and pump in August (TMI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done some basal testing. So hopefully can use that as well.
Hi Sue,
all the suggestions make sense, especially basal testing. I found that peri menopause (was a decade ago for me now!) messed up my control, but as you say nobody seems to take that into consideration unfortunately. I really wish you luck in sorting this out so you get to stay on a pump.

Hi Sue,

I dont often post on these forums but i was just browsing around and found this thread. I have been T1 for 35 years and pumping for 5 years. My control has never been anywhere close to perfect. My recent HBA1c was 57 which is pretty close to yours. My blood test report says this is satisfactory. My team are happy with it too. I think it is unlikely that funding is bring withdrawn because of a 60.
My method is to take more tests and top up doses when required. It seems to work. BTW my pump nurse told me that none on my group are that clued up either! Hope it works out for you.

Update on my original post

Thanks to all who responded.

Just had my DSN appointment today, and my A1c has come down and my pump funding has been renewed. Have to say I did work hard with the DSN and also self funded a Libre so I could see what was going on with my BG. I'll be getting the 640G on 16th November.

I’m glad they continued your funding.

Thanks Ljc & Lucy

Roll on for the 16th ! & the 640. I like the Libre because it tells you what is going on.😎

Roll on for the 16th ! & the 640. I like the Libre because it tells you what is going on.😎
Thanks Hobie. Yes, the Libre is great for seeing the trend rather than static number. Just hurts the bank balance. But needs must.

Just had my DSN appointment today, and my A1c has come down and my pump funding has been renewed. Have to say I did work hard with the DSN and also self funded a Libre so I could see what was going on with my BG. I'll be getting the 640G on 16th November.
Very pleased to hear your good news now keep up the good work 🙂

Glad all your hard work paid off. Now keep on side with DSN and they should be able to help you keep in a steady track. Well done.

So glad to hear that! I do think they were mean to threaten you like that though.

Thanks Sue, SB & Radders.

Hope to see a continued reduction in my HbA1c as still working hard to keep in the zone.

That’s FAB news Ch1ps! Really pleased for you - well done for all your hard work 🙂

Great to hear! 🙂

Thanks Hobie. Yes, the Libre is great for seeing the trend rather than static number. Just hurts the bank balance. But needs must.
I only use mine when I am ding something important to me. I trust the Libre & that takes some doing :D

Thanks Mike, Northerner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back