I hope you are well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small batch of American style pancakes with choc chips :D other years we’ve had plain ones with bacon and a little bit of maple syrup.

Heading out for a walk soon so hopefully won’t cause havoc with BGs later!

No pancakes in hotel nhs but I like scotch pancakes, savoury with butter, ham or cheese

• Haha
Reactions: gll
St David's day and pancake day.
I made keto Welsh Cakes using 100% cocoa choc chips and keto ingredients and made keto pancakes.
I used nutmeg and vanilla extract and erythritol so they didn't need anything added as they were yummy with just a little bit of butter.
This was my evening meal and my bloods were 6.6 an hour after and the same two hours afterwards.
That is a big dinner plate for indication of size of portion.
Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 9.27.34 PM.png

No pancakes in hotel nhs but I like scotch pancakes, savoury with butter, ham or cheese
Pardon me for asking 'our' Lucy - but why on earth are you chez NHS?

Finally got the opportunity to stop and eat some pancakes at 8pm. 2 classic pancakes with sweetener and lemon juice.
It was worth it.

Until next year...
Pleased you enjoyed them. I have to be honest, I really struggle to find an artificial sweetener that doesn't taste naff. I have jars and pots of countless varieties and just can't develop any enjoyment/enthusiasm for any of them.
I dipped out with my savoury wrap pancakes as I didn't make it to the village shop for black pudding or the other essentials I needed like pork scratchings and milk, but I did enjoy some feta stuffed peppadew peppers as an indulgent treat.

@Lucyr - O sheet. Has that stopped and has anyone worked out why, yet?

@Lucyr - O sheet. Has that stopped and has anyone worked out why, yet?
These were Lucy's post on the Group 7-day waking average thread this morning.... Just to put you in the picture...

Morning, from my hospital bed though so I haven’t actually gone to sleep yet. BG of somewhere between 28 and 15 depending on which of the readings through the night you use. Got an out of hours GP appointment last night as my meter was just saying Hi and it isn’t usually that friendly, and was admitted. BG heading the right way now and had a lot more tests to see what’s going on.

Thanks all. Was 17.4 before breakfast (Rice Krispies with guessed carb count, not had them in years, no prebolus as you can’t really do that in hospital), probably not the most helpful thing for my blood sugar but needed something.

Had 2 morrisons ready made pancakes with cheese & bacon filling, delicious they were but meant to be on diet, had them with some salad as if that makes things right.

Am I allowed to call today pancake day since I missed it yesterday?

Am I allowed to call today pancake day since I missed it yesterday?
I’m going to do this too! I’ll do a thread about what’s been going on with me later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back