I feel rotten...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not good or fair. hmm.

Hope you get back into a routine and it all sorts itself out sharpish.

Enjoy those student days Tom, they'll soon be gone!

Hang on, thinking about it, this all began the day after we had a barbeque on the beach... Damn it, I think I know what's happened and it involved a dodgy steak!

Hang on, thinking about it, this all began the day after we had a barbeque on the beach... Damn it, I think I know what's happened and it involved a dodgy steak!

How are your levels thismorning are you feeling any better?

On waking levels were fifteen. I'm trying out experimenting with a ratio of one unit to five grammes of carbohydrate. This might work... I have a bar of chocolate and breakfast was cheese on toast so we'll see how this all goes... Results will be up here sooner or later...

Tom

Sorry to hear its all still abit gung-ho 😱 I thought of you this morning, I had to set my alarm to test at 3am as well- I had a strange high, but then realised I had forgotten to bolus on examining the evidence! 🙄

I am wondering if you are both a) a little poorly, and b) need to re-test your basal. When you set up on this a couple weeks back that wasnt the normal you- such stress, and although its on-going, you body may have changed in isnulin requirements....

Sorry I am sounding all textbooky again, but remember temp basals often have the desired effect and lag a few hours after, knocking out a hypo, just be careful. My suggestion would be to explore the patterns option, have you tried this yet?

main screen>basal>basal set up> patterns> on/off (select on)> then go backwards to basal menu>select patterns>scroll down to pattern A> and enter a basal pattern for 24 hours.

This way you can have a "poorly" basal, more refined to meet your requirements. You can keep them stored, for instance, select a pattern that is more refined for exams/stress/exercise etc. I expect you have either read or tried this already but worth a mention I thought. You can still temp basal on top pf a pattern! If that doesnt seem too insaine? 😱

Keep chipping away mate, if its any consolation it takes weeks/months to get the basal on these bad boys right. I need to go back to the drawing board today on mine, it gets us all!

Hope the day goes a bit better, rest up!

Lou x

Just tested my blood and I've got 8.8 mmol/L! All is well! Looks like doubling the dose prior to meals works for me.

Tom

Oooh hypo again. I think I might have a bash a knocking the doubled ratios on the head for tonight. I will low carb to see what happens I think.

Tom

Urgh, my stomach is now doing funny things and I'm a bit shivery. Just what I needed. Temporary basal of 130% on.

Urgh, my stomach is now doing funny things and I'm a bit shivery. Just what I needed. Temporary basal of 130% on.

Sounds like you're having a rough time of it Tom - good job this wasn't happening last Saturday! Hope all settles soon. 🙂

Hi Tom,

Sorry you been not too well, hope you are better this evening? If i were you i would just get over what you have and then start changing basals and ratios etc. If you change everything at once, especially when unwell you wont know what is working or not.

just my opinion of course ya know im no doctor! 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back