I can’t taste or smell anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So I have been suffering for a few days with a cold and also constipation. I’ve lost my appetite completely but realised when I ate my porridge this morning it tasted of nothing at all. My perfume has no smell and neither does my vanilla scented candle. I have a really awful cough that keeps me awake and feel exhausted. Surely it can’t be another bout of Covid? I haven’t got any tests and by the time I feel well enough to pop to the shop I will probably be negative anyway. Is it possible to get Covid when you only had it 3 months ago and have had 4 vaccines ? Also I feel so rubbish if this is Covid then thank god I have been vaccinated

Checked my food intake for yesterday and it was only 409 calories for the whole day. I am basically sleeping or coughing

Most people I know have had covid 2 or 3 times now so yes it could be

No advice, just hope you start feeling better soon.

Unfortunately, it is definitely possible to have covid under your circumstance. Jabs do not stop you getting it and do not last forever. Bu they should significantly reduce the symptoms.

Take care. Be nice to yourself and, unfortunately, stay away from others. To be honest, even if it isn’t covid, you don’t want to pass it on to others.

I hope you feel better soon.

You can order tests online from the likes of Lloyds Pharmacy or Boots, but they may still not get there in time.

If you're on a local Facebook group see if someone can loan you one that you'll replace when yours arrive.

I know of people who have had COVID 4 times despite being fully vaccinated. Any family members with left over tests who can pop one through your door?

I find chloraseptic and co codamol work for me.
There have been some nasty bugs about.
A vaccine can't stop you catching anything, but it does have your bodies defences ready to deal with anything, without the usual wait while it creates antibodies, so possibly it could have been a lot worse if it is covid.
I wouldn't bother testing, that's not much you can do either way now.

You can order tests online from the likes of Lloyds Pharmacy or Boots, but they may still not get there in time.

If you're on a local Facebook group see if someone can loan you one that you'll replace when yours arrive.
Even if they are not there on time this time, I think it is worth having a supply.of them.
Every time i get a whiff of a cold, I test and whenever I visit elderly or infirmed family I test as I would not want to inflict them if I was asymptomatic.

Even if they are not there on time this time, I think it is worth having a supply.of them.
Every time i get a whiff of a cold, I test and whenever I visit elderly or infirmed family I test as I would not want to inflict them if I was asymptomatic.

Covid seems to have run it's course now.
I think it could be a false sense of security, it's probably likely more harm could be done by passing on the flu, so a negative covid test result might encourage people to spread accidentally.
I've avoided seeing people when I had a sore throat and cough and cold before Christmas regardless, although I've had the covid and the flu vaccines.

Unfortunately, COVID has definitely not run its course but flu is also prevalent at the moment. I agree that when unwell we should not mix, especially as vaccinations for both do not give us total immunity.
I still consider it important to test for COVID before meeting vulnerable people due to asymptomatic COVID.

do not want sound to paraniod here but is it me but all things happened over last 3 to 4 years have been really crazy stuff , virus , wars , covid , cost of living crisis etc is this the sort of thing that just kind of happens , also with covid why did vaccines agency and medical establishment refuse to publish what is in these vaccines and also sign an affadavit to escape from any future problems related to the jabs absolving themselves of any responsibilty

do not want sound to paraniod here but is it me but all things happened over last 3 to 4 years have been really crazy stuff , virus , wars , covid , cost of living crisis etc is this the sort of thing that just kind of happens , also with covid why did vaccines agency and medical establishment refuse to publish what is in these vaccines and also sign an affadavit to escape from any future problems related to the jabs absolving themselves of any responsibilty
Yes I had a chat along similar line with my son and his wife about this. We are living through very strange times. Happy to report that cough seems to have eased but no sense of taste or smell still. I forced myself to eat today as I needed to get some veg inside me to cope with my other issue, also had 4 sachets of movicol, and still no sign of anything happening. I read on the leaflet that I may have to have 8 sachets in 6 hours to clear it if its impacted, I dont think it is but I am suprised I feel normal with no urge at all. My dad had a similar solution, Morviprep when he had to have a colonoscopy and was in the loo constantly, whereas with me, zilch, I wonder if the vaccines have given me a superpower that means I no longer need to use the loo 🙂

drink plenty of water with constipation and its difficult but try to relax whenever we worry about things it makes condition 10 times worse , anxiety is truly awful i know suffered with it for years and years so its not all in your head for sure but drink water take stuff and move about a bit , best of luck

Covid seems to have run it's course now.

Afraid that's not right. This report from the BBC points out the current increasing number of patients and also the large number of NHS staff absent due to Covid. It's definitely part of the problem.

Afraid that's not right. This report from the BBC points out the current increasing number of patients and also the large number of NHS staff absent due to Covid. It's definitely part of the problem.

It's relegated back to a "winter illness" now, not a pandemic.
It's comparable to flu, I would avoid people if I had either, and not test to see if it's one or the other.

The bigger part of the problem: 3750 people in hospital with flu and 9500 with COVID.

The bigger part of the problem: 3750 people in hospital with flu and 9500 with COVID.
PR.

During the 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons there were 46,215 and 39,670 influenza-related hospital admissions respectively.

also with covid why did vaccines agency and medical establishment refuse to publish what is in these vaccines
Did they?
and also sign an affadavit to escape from any future problems related to the jabs absolving themselves of any responsibilty
That seems straightforward enough: lots of people were dying (skewing to older people: voters) and (if vaccines turned out to be possible) we wanted them as quickly as possible. So at least two governments (UK and US) put lots of money into reducing the possible disincentives for manufacturers, including this waiver, but also including mass production before the things had been approved. Of course the vaccines still had to be approved by regulators before use and there was a chance that after approval (in Phase 4) problems would be found causing reversal (as kind of happened with the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine).

PR.

During the 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons there were 46,215 and 39,670 influenza-related hospital admissions respectively.
We're close to the beginning of the flu season. I imagine it's a combination of factors, particularly problems with social care.

But winters aren't great even in normal years: I remember NHS England being praised for its "planning" for the 2019/2020 winter, where the "planning" involved possibly deferring non-urgent care. We just don't have enough hospital beds for our population. (Partly that happened during Labour administrations so it's not all the Conservative's fault.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back