I am type 2 for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Di you may just be hearing from me soon.My fear of the needle is only slight, i was a total baby when it came to first using the finger pricker lol.

Steff you will be fine and I promise it does not take long to get used to - I'm normally sat watching TV at 9 - alarm goes of and I just reach over grab the pen and away I go just sat there still watching tv.

Give me a shout anytime.
Love Di x

Steff, glad you finally know that you are a type 2, at least you know where you stand now.

They will probably start you on Lantus and see how it goes.
I've only been on insulin since October but my BG's are alot better now and I generally feel a lot better than I did before, so you'll probably start to see an improvement within a few weeks or so. It just takes a bit of tinkering with the dose before they get the right amount of insulin you need to inject.

Good luck with it all and let us know how it is going.

Phil

Thanks Phil I am sure i will get it all explained to me next friday then things will become clearer.

Glad the wait is over and you have finally got your result. Injections are not that bad. Half the time I cant actually remember whether I have had it or not.

I hope you get the medication sorted and start feeling better quickly

Steff glad you got sorted, you have done the very best you could & as northerner has said you have not failed yourself , it's how your body works.
Sorry i can't advise on insulin as i'm only diet & exercise control, it's a lot to take in right now but you will get there, you have our support in here too.
Hope you start to feel better very soon.

Thanks gals, i think a few drinks are in order tonight, non-alchoholic of course.

Steff, its good to know which type you are and exactly what you e dealing with.

I have thought for ages you would do better on insulin, not that im in anyway an expert! I have worried for your health and numbers, at least now you know that will get sorted. I promise you this ,you will quickly start to feel so much better when your control is better.

I know starting insulin is daunting but if its what you need then its what you need. The main thing is you will be so much better and you know all that support you have given out will be coming right back at ya!! You will do fine.

lots of hugs :D

Steff, its good to know which type you are and exactly what you e dealing with.

I have thought for ages you would do better on insulin, not that im in anyway an expert! I have worried for your health and numbers, at least now you know that will get sorted. I promise you this ,you will quickly start to feel so much better when your control is better.

I know starting insulin is daunting but if its what you need then its what you need. The main thing is you will be so much better and you know all that support you have given out will be coming right back at ya!! You will do fine.

lots of hugs :D

cheers hun ive an uncle on insulin so i have been chatting with him earlier x

Uncle is going to come visit me in the day after i get all my insulin and show me how its done lol.

Finally at last you've got some answers hun and you can stop being in limbo! I think a new look at it all will solve alot of issues xxxx good luck 🙂

Uncle is going to come visit me in the day after i get all my insulin and show me how its done lol.

sorry steff just seen this thread i glad you finally got answers and its really good that your uncle can talk your thought it as it can be overwheming at the appointment big hugs {{}}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back