I aint eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've Let things get on top of me again despite the fact i was offered councilling at the hospital i refused yeah i know why goodness knows.Got myself into the habit of not eating until 12 noon to make sure i get a good reading on my meter and because the last 3 days have been great numbers im pretending this is a really clever idea when i know it dam well aint.I think i need to have a reality check and quick.Someone hang me a microphone i wanna scream out soooo loud right now 😡

I've been having a hard time getting interested in eating lately too. It's been too much like hard work. I was so upset over the diagnosis debacle it really dragged me down. Maybe things will improve once your own diagnosis is cleared up. In the mean time, perhaps you could try keeping some snacks handy, fruit or yoghurt maybe?

hey hun,

I can see why you would do it if it's worked but it's a long time to go not eating and can't make you feel that great. Do you feel like you are able to go to the counciling now? I wish I could give you good advice but don't really know what else to say other than if you ever need to talk I'm here if you need me ((((hugs)))) xx

Steff - that is not a good plan, but you know that yourself. Do you think you could ask them about counselling when you get your test results? Could you have a very low carb breakfast - bacon, eggs etc. (not so good for the cholesterol though) this would mean you get some food but still get good readings.

I really hope you get everything sorted out when you get the results back - hang in there until then

Yeah ill look into the counselling again, thanks gals for now i am gonna stick with it.

Steff i'm sympathetic, i can't see the point of eating half the time (i do, or people at work yell at me) and sometimes i get all wound up about what i should or shouldn't be eating and it seems easier not to bother. Good thing is that it sounds like you know what you've got to do, you've just gotta do it. Good luck, it aint easy.

Rachel

I've Let things get on top of me again despite the fact i was offered councilling at the hospital i refused yeah i know why goodness knows.Got myself into the habit of not eating until 12 noon to make sure i get a good reading on my meter and because the last 3 days have been great numbers im pretending this is a really clever idea when i know it dam well aint.I think i need to have a reality check and quick.Someone hang me a microphone i wanna scream out soooo loud right now 😡

Ever tried "grazing" Steff ? 8 small feeds through the day ?

I did actually do this one day last week when I really couldn't be bothered to cook. Managed to keep it fairly healthy snacking on porridge, nuts, soups, fruits, yoghurts, melba toasts, and cucumber! Was ready for a proper meal the next day though! take care now x

Hi Peter

I have read through some of the info on grazing and it does sound like something id give a go to.

feeling similar steff but try and have a little toast and marmite or my favorite.... a little 1 slice of bread and marmite, folded, crusts cut off 😱 give them to the birds .... just to get a little bit in you in morning to kick start ....if you dont like marmite try a bit of nutella or peanut butter.. whole earth PB has NO SUGAR ... seriously its makes one little square of energy to get you going ...and it doesnt seem to effect me like cerals do xx but thats me you may be different

I've heard that grazing idea mentioned before, it sounds interesting. Certainly something to consider.

feeling similar steff but try and have a little toast and marmite or my favorite.... a little 1 slice of bread and marmite, folded, crusts cut off 😱 give them to the birds .... just to get a little bit in you in morning to kick start ....if you dont like marmite try a bit of nutella or peanut butter.. whole earth PB has NO SUGAR ... seriously its makes one little square of energy to get you going ...and it doesnt seem to effect me like cerals do xx but thats me you may be different

marmite yes PB nooooooooooo thanks AM

Re - the counseling. Its one of those things that is only really helpful when you want to do it. If you just do it for someone else it won't work. I'm pleased that you felt able to make your own decision, but if its still available and you want it then ask for it.

Re - eating - how about bacon and tomato, or scrambled eggs ?

Re - the counseling. Its one of those things that is only really helpful when you want to do it. If you just do it for someone else it won't work. I'm pleased that you felt able to make your own decision, but if its still available and you want it then ask for it.

Re - eating - how about bacon and tomato, or scrambled eggs ?

bacon and scrambled egg sounds a good one, dont do tamatoes. thanks

About PeterCs idea... I get 'Graze Boxes' delivered to work once a week, they're great.... I don't think i'm supposed to plug websites here, but google it.

(course, i have to eat mine all at once because I'm type 1 and have it with insulin, but anyway...)

Don't worry Steff, I'm eating enough for both of us!!

But seriously - I honestly don't know what it feels like to not want to eat :( but I hope you find some way of getting your head round taking better care of yourself.

xx

Cheers guys lol helen, im going to look further into the grazing idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back