I’ve been prescribed Jardiance , any advice

Make sure you drink plenty of water and take pro biotic for bladder if any slight indication of infection.

Last edited:
Cheers , did you drink any alcohol ie beer and wine are my favs ?
There is little point taking medication to reduce blood glucose when you are drinking beer which is a high carb drink.
Dry wines are much better or spirits with diet mixers as long as not to excess.

Hi. I can’t offer advice as such, but a month ago I was prescribed Jardiance 10mg only, and taken off metformine and gluglazide due to impact on digestive system etc after 20 years.
I have found my bloods higher, with big spikes after meals (I do not eat bread/pasta/rice etc, so only carbs from veg), doc now added 500 metformine, and sending me to endocrinologist.
Def improvement on the digestive system with Jardiance though. I felt dizzy when first taking it, but that went.
Hope you are going well with it.

Hi. I can’t offer advice as such, but a month ago I was prescribed Jardiance 10mg only, and taken off metformine and gluglazide due to impact on digestive system etc after 20 years.
I have found my bloods higher, with big spikes after meals (I do not eat bread/pasta/rice etc, so only carbs from veg), doc now added 500 metformine, and sending me to endocrinologist.
Def improvement on the digestive system with Jardiance though. I felt dizzy when first taking it, but that went.
Hope you are going well with it.

That’s interesting,and thank you for posting.
I’m new to all this and for the past 3months been on Metformin and it’s mate Gliclazide .
Have come off the latter and a few days into Jardiance with no side effects!!
Have been advised that if my mmol gets down to 42 then I can come off the meds.
Had a couple of beers last night for my own sanity and had no issues . Although I do seem to be going to the loo a lot but have been drinking lots of water
Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess by Jardinace you are referring to Empagliflozin?
my advice is read and try to understand the information you would’ve been given with the medication
we will all react differently to different medication

You must ensure you are drinking plenty of water and depending on what your blood sugars are you might find your going to the loo quite a bit that’s what this medication does

Welcome to the forum @Motorhead

Great to hear you've not had any side effects from Jardiance so far.

It's one of the SGLT2 class of meds that encourages the body to excrete more glucose in urine, so do be on the look out for UTIs etc.

You'll find some other threads which mention Empagliflozin here which might give an overview of others' experiences?

The advice on this page is to avoid drinking more than one or two drinks while on 'flozins

Welcome to the forum @Motorhead

Great to hear you've not had any side effects from Jardiance so far.

It's one of the SGLT2 class of meds that encourages the body to excrete more glucose in urine, so do be on the look out for UTIs etc.

You'll find some other threads which mention Empagliflozin here which might give an overview of others' experiences?

The advice on this page is to avoid drinking more than one or two drinks while on 'flozins
I think apart from the medication it really is a combination of increased exercise (swimming 3 times a week where possible) which hopefully leads to weight loss and a stricter diet control , we all have different biological make ups so I appreciate what works for some might not for others.

Back