Hypos Galore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Well, the hypos are getting there. Had to drop my basals and my bolus ratios several times, and still was a bit low twice yesterday, but nowhere near as bad. So far today none, so fingers crossed!

I didn't get the job, they phoned yesterday. Apparently my interview was great and they were really impressed with me, there was just a lot of competition (sound familar? A couple of friends are also job hunting and get this response after every interview. Too many people applying for each post). Anyway, thanks for all the good lucks, maybe next time!

15g?! More like 30 or 40g for me.

Mike, I meant to say... I needed about 40g on MDI too as I found when I hypoed I was dropping very quickly. Now my hypos are nowhere near as bad - this was another thing the pump fixed :D

Mike, I meant to say... I needed about 40g on MDI too as I found when I hypoed I was dropping very quickly. Now my hypos are nowhere near as bad - this was another thing the pump fixed

My 30-40g was about trips to the gym/post exercise recovery. I'd rarely need that much to treat a hypo, unless I'd badly botched a carb estimation of a meal and had a load of insulin sloshing around with no food to work on.

15-20g is usually plenty to treat a little dip for me (which is what I get mostly). And I can't do that 'eat something starchy afterwards' thing either. That always ended up with a big ole bg spike due to overtreatment.

Shame about the job interview :(

But great news that your bgs seem to be settling down :D :D :D

M

Aarrgh! Must stop posting about the hypo situation improving. Just had a 3.6.

😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back