Hypo whislt shopping in Tescos Embarrassing or wot

Status
Not open for further replies.

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Every Tuesday my home support worker takes me shopping at Tescos. Whilst going round I started to feel like im having hot flushes and like Im going to be sick/pass out. I tell my worker get me a sugary drink now. Next thing i know is im sitting on the floor and though a haze some prat dressed in green is saying take this you need to love Im aggressively telling said person to f**k off I wanna finish my shopping and attempting to get up and do so. Of course said person is a paramedic trying to help me and when I realize this boy o boy do I feel so embarrassed . Told my bg is 2.4 whoops. I just felt such an idiot when I come more to my normal self . How can I ever look a paramedic in face again this I babble out to ambulance crew and they are so nice, however I still want ground to open up and swallow me. I have had hypos before but have never been aggressive with it as well. Im telling you I could have punched his lights out.
Is it a normal thing to sometimes get aggressive with a hypo please let me know or is it just me
I feel I never want to go back into Tescos again I just know that it will be embarrassing and some great sign will appear in the sky saying heres the one who was ill last week

I'm told it can happen, yes. So far, I've only ever got confused and a bit loopy but not aggressive. The ambulance folk understood Gail and while your feelings are natural (wouldn't it be lovely if we could have amnesia as well?). My worst one so far is having my brother finding me standing in the sitting room in my coat and only my coat, determined I was going to work... at 3am.

I'm sure the folk at Tesco's have seen it all too. Pop in for a pint of milk or something small soon and get your feet wet. You'll see, it will be fine.

It is quite common actually.........my brother get quite aggresive, through no fault of his own, so dont worry..............just make sure you have some hypo resolve handy...........

My brother also gets aggressive when hypo, he sometimes refuses any treatment, will smack it out of your hand - or smack the person trying to help him! Luckily I've never got aggressive, tend to act really silly instead :D

I get horribly aggressive when I'm hypo, but only when I've reached that point of 'blacking out' - so as far as I'm aware I'm unconscious, but actually I'm still walking/talking etc. I've hit a teacher and given her a black eye, punched my dad, sworn horribly at people, and fought with paramedics who were trying to take the quilt off me.

I hasten to reiterate this is only when I have 'blacked out' - not just when I have a normal low!

It is quite common actually.........my brother get quite aggresive, through no fault of his own, so dont worry..............just make sure you have some hypo resolve handy...........

I aways carry some hypo stop and jelly babys around with me but like the idiot I am had left bag in car (hides under rock with shame)

I aways carry some hypo stop and jelly babys around with me but like the idiot I am had left bag in car (hides under rock with shame)

these things can happen, the beauty of being in a shop though is you can pull something off the shelf........😱.....did it come on quite quickly then??

Is your awareness OK?

Aww Gail sorry to hear about your hypo hun, you wont be the first or last im sure, and im sure they are some who have done it before, twice now i have had funny turns while out shopping and i went to the GP about it i was diagnosed with anemia at the time,I do hope you feel better asap x

these things can happen, the beauty of being in a shop though is you can pull something off the shelf........😱.....did it come on quite quickly then??

Is your awareness OK?

Yes it did come on fast never had one that fast b4. Levels have only been in normal range for 3-4 weeks after months of of 20-33 range. Then wonder in my mind if wot i did other week may still be effecting system
May be my awareness is out of kilt who knows
PS I was in the alcohol part at the time lol

Why didn't the support worker just provide some sugary drink?!? Or at least ensure Gail took her supplies from the car?!?!

You have nothing to be ashamed about Gail - brains aren't designed to deal with low sugar levels so they wonder what on earth is going on and act strangely. Hope you are feeling better now 🙂

Why didn't the support worker just provide some sugary drink?!? Or at least ensure Gail took her supplies from the car?!?!

He did grap a can of fizz off the shelve I think but things are a bit hazy and by this time i was sitting on floor on the verge of blacking out. Omg I hate it when people gather round you when ur ill in public

He did grap a can of fizz off the shelve I think but things are a bit hazy and by this time i was sitting on floor on the verge of blacking out. Omg I hate it when people gather round you when ur ill in public

At least they wernt taking videos.........😱

I was thinking more about that 10 pack of stella you polished off 😛:D

just a 10 pack is that all lol

Will share this all with you all i could think was dont wanna go to hospital as i dont have my decent underwear on. Only a woman could think like that

I dont feel good bg now gone down to 3.8. It was ok when I got home. Im sweating like a pig, had four jelly babies and will have some wholemeal toast in little while. . Feel so hot think will give it a little while then maybe call NHS direct or maybe even the out of hours gp. Times like this I hate living on my own.
gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back