Hypo now 3.5 mmol/l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest ... in your opinion which of these works the fastest, and what is your preference?
1 dextrose tab (3 gCHO)
1 JB (5 gCHO)
1 skittle (3 gCHO)
50 ml Tropicana (4.7 gCHO)
My preference is 1 x Lift tab (4 gCHO).
I avoid sweets (JB, skittle, etc.). In the past, this has been seen as eating treats and not sharing.
I prefer the packaging of Lift over dextrose as they come in plastic tubes which last longer than the paper of dextrose.
I bought 3 tubes of GlucoTabs about 8 years ago and refill these tubes from tubs containing 50 tabs each which I buy in bulk from eBay,

Reading through this thread I'm sort of surprised that people have alerts set in the 5s, because that is the level I aim to be at all the time (wishful thinking!). A non-diabetic person's BG is normally in the 5s. I understand the international consensus is that anything under 3.9 is considered a "low" and that we should aim for less than 4% of time below that (with 70% TIR).

That's what I've always been told. I have my alarm set at 4.2 and have maintained 0% of the time lower than that for the last 90days. That said it doesn't mean that the alarm hasn't gone off, it just means that I've caught it in time. I thank goodness for those alarms. I use Dextro tabs because in my opinion they're a lot faster than JBs and you're not in the least tempted to over-consume them. Oh and I do still have hypo awareness.
Well sometimes I found it useful especially when I was doing my Christmas elf job as there would be more a lag time with the activitity a an alert at 5.6 double arrows down or even a straight arrow down could have well ment i was in the 4s allready also dexcom explain I. Thier train videos that a straight arrow down could mean you fall up 5 mmolls withen the next 30 minutes.

Well sometimes I found it useful especially when I was doing my Christmas elf job as there would be more a lag time with the activitity a an alert at 5.6 double arrows down or even a straight arrow down could have well ment i was in the 4s allready also dexcom explain I. Thier train videos that a straight arrow down could mean you fall up 5 mmolls withen the next 30 minutes.
But just to counterbalance that scary thought of levels dropping fast, 15g fast acting carbs could raise your BG by 4.5 mmols in 15-20 mins, so getting that hypo treatment into you asap can stop the drop and start to raise things quite quickly.

But just to counterbalance that scary thought of levels dropping fast, 15g fast acting carbs could raise your BG by 4.5 mmols in 15-20 mins, so getting that hypo treatment into you asap can stop the drop and start to raise things quite quickly.
Yeah thats why I had set to to there. I wasn't nesarcy scared just new it was time to do something about it.

Yeah thats why I had set to to there. I wasn't nesarcy scared just new it was time to do something about it.
I was just explaining the thought of process of setting the alarm at that level as @Pattidevans said she was surprised.

Then again I guess the beep could have sounded like it's was a phone going off or something to customers which I guess could have looked bad(the company were well aware I was a type 1 diabetic I made that clear in my interview but customers wouldn't have nessacery had known that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back