Hyper.(what number)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that can be a bit tricky if you are watching ‘time in range’ as it will be reduced by counting some readings as low that are above 4l

Having said that, personally I find it helpful to get earlier alerts!
I was saying this because I do think my warning signs or a bit a bit hit and miss(thinking back over things probably)

I am noticing at the moment that I can't really get a sense of time in range without actually having something to tell me what's happening in between for all I know things could be better or worst then they look.

People have got used to all these technologies which are now available and perhaps do not listen quite so much to what their body is telling them.
Diagnosis of all sorts of conditions is reliant on MRI, CT, myriads of blood tests which are now available to the medics who perhaps don't listen to people and what they are saying about their symptoms.
My daughter when at med school, did her elective in Northern India setting up clinics up into the Himalayas where there was no access to all those facilities and they really needed to listen to the patients to make a diagnosis. The American students found it really hard as they were so used just ordering a whole raft of tests.

People have got used to all these technologies which are now available and perhaps do not listen quite so much to what their body is telling them.
Diagnosis of all sorts of conditions is reliant on MRI, CT, myriads of blood tests which are now available to the medics who perhaps don't listen to people and what they are saying about their symptoms.
My daughter when at med school, did her elective in Northern India setting up clinics up into the Himalayas where there was no access to all those facilities and they really needed to listen to the patients to make a diagnosis. The American students found it really hard as they were so used just ordering a whole raft of tests.
Ah yes but in somecases what thier body is telling them could mean a variety of different things.

It’s early days for me. Since getting my BG under control I haven’t gone above 10 so not sure where my hyper is. I know when I am in the 9’s it feels like I am looking at life through net curtains if that makes sense.

It’s early days for me. Since getting my BG under control I haven’t gone above 10 so not sure where my hyper is. I know when I am in the 9’s it feels like I am looking at life through net curtains if that makes sense.
Well that is impressive to not to have it go above 10 ever.

Well that is impressive to not to have it go above 10 ever.
It’s only been a few months and still in the honeymoon period. So I will enjoy while the pancreas is still chipping in.

It’s only been a few months and still in the honeymoon period. So I will enjoy while the pancreas is still chipping in.
Ask yraj saying that s couple months in I think I didn't see above it much I was going low too much low then.

Ask yraj saying that s couple months in I think I didn't see above it much I was going low too much low then.
Yes it’s certainly harder keeping my BG up. Thankfully the libre helps on that front.

I do treat 13.9 as hyper when doing a correction if it is rising quickly but otherwise I won’t correct until over 14.1
Just thought about the rising comment. I guess that's one of disadvantages to not knowing which why it's going. As thinking about it if I knew which way it was going when I doing a correction and it was raising I would probably give myself a little bit more(following a think like a parcus book) and at the same time well i correct a 10 now if something told me I was falling I would probably leave it alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back