Hyper horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope your feeling better today Steff.
Carole

Hi Seffie, ((hugs)) Hope you are feeling better xx

Don't forget, a headache can be due to dehydration, due to either lack of water or excess salt intake or a combination, as as well as or instead of hyperglycaemia.

Don't forget, a headache can be due to dehydration, due to either lack of water or excess salt intake or a combination, as as well as or instead of hyperglycaemia.

more then likely dehydration last night as i had no water in so ended up having milk hmmmm.

Now having drank 3 litres of water today i cant be dehydrated

Hello Stef, I've only just caught up with your post - I hope you are feeling a lot better now xxx

Do you think it could be the heat getting at you ? I think most people (diabetic or not) are feeling a bit like limp rags at the mo.

🙂

More then likely yeah, the head ache certainly is heat related i reckon.

You could also be low in salts, particularly in heat or after vigorous activity. If you crave a packet of crisps, then perhaps have one, or have a small amount of salt in a drink - as a check, it shouldn't taste more salty than tears.

Hi Steffie

Been away in the caravan for a few days so missed your post. Hope today finds you better.

I haven't had any problems with spikes etc these past few days but I don't tolerate these very humid and hot days and spend most afternoons in front of a fan with copious amounts of water - both internally and externally - thank goodness for retirment!

Seriously though, I have felt the heat a bit more than usual this year - it may be down to the Byetta - you can never really tell for sure whether a new drug is to blame for these things until you have been on them for a some while can you. The only thing I can suggest is to try and take your Byetta about 30 mins before you eat - it seems to be the optimum time for the best effect and might give you a better chance of levelling?

It is a lot cooler down here in Essex today, thank goodness - hope it is the same for you- take care xxx

Hi Steffie

Been away in the caravan for a few days so missed your post. Hope today finds you better.

I haven't had any problems with spikes etc these past few days but I don't tolerate these very humid and hot days and spend most afternoons in front of a fan with copious amounts of water - both internally and externally - thank goodness for retirment!

Seriously though, I have felt the heat a bit more than usual this year - it may be down to the Byetta - you can never really tell for sure whether a new drug is to blame for these things until you have been on them for a some while can you. The only thing I can suggest is to try and take your Byetta about 30 mins before you eat - it seems to be the optimum time for the best effect and might give you a better chance of levelling?

It is a lot cooler down here in Essex today, thank goodness - hope it is the same for you- take care xxx

Hi Lesley yes today i am fine and had a nice quiet weekend, I do take my jab exactly 30 minutes before i sit down and have my tea i have done for about the last 2 month now.

Steffie, what are your BS readings normally after eating? i too like you am a T2 (diet controlled) and have the odd high reading ie double figures but it all depends on what i've ate, sometimes it makes sense to me when i have a high reading (ie if i've had that bit extra carb meal intake) but other times i don't really know why i've had a high one. Do you know what causes yours?

Steffie, what are your BS readings normally after eating? i too like you am a T2 (diet controlled) and have the odd high reading ie double figures but it all depends on what i've ate, sometimes it makes sense to me when i have a high reading (ie if i've had that bit extra carb meal intake) but other times i don't really know why i've had a high one. Do you know what causes yours?

Hi Carina im not diet controlled hun im on metformin and byetta(injections) my readings at the moment are anywhere from 5.4 to 9.6, but last week i was hypering for no apparent reason and i was as high as 17 i put it down to the heat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back