Hyper horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ive hypered 3 times today starting with one at midnight one about 2 o clock then one about an hour ago which seems to be lasting, i still cant stand im in bed typing this and my brow is sweating, Ive been drinking water like no ones business but i cant seem to get rid of that hyper feeling if you get me.

Any suggestions?

p.s ive tested 5 times started at 17.3 then 16.6 then 15.6 after that 14.1 now 13.2

Last edited:
Ive hypered 3 times today starting with one at midnight one about 2 o clock then one about an hour ago which seems to be lasting, i still cant stand im in bed typing this and my brow is sweating, Ive been drinking water like no ones business but i cant seem to get rid of that hyper feeling if you get me.

Any suggestions?

p.s ive tested 5 times started at 17.3 then 16.6 then 15.6 after that 14.1 now 13.2

Steff, sorry to hear you are feeling rough. Glad your levels are heading back down. I have no advice other than what you are already doing - drinking lots and resting.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sorry to know you are feeling rough but pleased to see your level is coming down and hope its lower by now 🙂

Sorry your not feeling so good Steffie hope you feel better real soon.
Carole

Thanks girls im at 11.8 so slowly but surely coming down, i've got gammon and chips for tea and im wondering weather to still eat it or not , what do you reckon?

Maybe you could eat the gammon as it is non-carb and just have a few chips??? I dont know much about how your medication works so can not really help much. Are you hungry?

Might be a bit risky hun. You got anything you can have instead of the chips?

Might be a bit risky hun. You got anything you can have instead of the chips?

I can have gammon and some peas with it ?

Rach im starving lol, but when the food is in front of me i dont want to know at the minute x

Hi Steff,

Rather than resting, isn't exercise an option? With sufficient usable insulin in your system, won't that 'flush out' the excess glucose in the blood?

Or was that just a dumb "Type 2" question? :D

Andy 🙂

Hi Steff,

Rather than resting, isn't exercise an option? With sufficient usable insulin in your system, won't that 'flush out' the excess glucose in the blood?

Andy 🙂

I dont know Andy , i felt to dizzy and light headed to do any exercise m8.

Ah! That wouldn't help :(

I hope a bit of rest sorts you out instead then.

Andy 🙂

Thanks Andy i'm barking orders so i must be on the mend, this is the slowest ever i have gotten over a hyper.

Hi Steff,

Andy 🙂

Hi Andy,

I don't know how it works for type 2, but as a type 1 I wouldn't exercise with a BG of 17 - it just puts me up even higher because at that level insulin resistance has kicked in, and you're more likely to start making ketones. Might be completely different for a type 2 though!

Had a gammon steak and a handfull of peas , seems ok x

Any suggestions?

Soz to hear ur not well steff, keep drinking the water to flush it through ur system & try a cold wet flanel for your forehead, hope u feel better soon

Sorry you have had a rough day Steffie. Maybe you re coming down with something. Funnily enough I have been high all day too, had to change canula at work (for the first time), just to see if it was that, but was still 9.9 at teatime, but down from 13. Sorry rambling on its your thread, hope you ok after your tea?🙂

I'm now getting that lull come over me where i go on a low, bloody need to get out of it before i go and hibernate for the next 3 days, i thought the move had sorted all my depression i have had none in 5 weeks, im so mad at myself for going hyper arghhhhhhhhhhh

I'm now getting that lull come over me where i go on a low, bloody need to get out of it before i go and hibernate for the next 3 days, i thought the move had sorted all my depression i have had none in 5 weeks, im so mad at myself for going hyper arghhhhhhhhhhh

Steffie, the high is not your fault! Try no to let it get you down, remember the high bg will be affecting your mood. We are all here for you hun xxxx

Steffie, the high is not your fault! Try no to let it get you down, remember the high bg will be affecting your mood. We are all here for you hun xxxx

thank you for the PM'S tracey your a tonic xxxx

Hope you are feeling better now Steffie, pamper yourself tomorrow after that rotten high!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back