HumaPen Savvio concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was prescribed a HumaPen Savvio three years ago and have had a few high readings but on Sunday last big problem.

At lunchtime I tested with my FreeStyle Optium Neo and a reading of 6 was given. Calculated my lunch and injected 6 insulin units but it was injected rather quicker than usual.
At dinner time my reading was 20.5!! so calculate the meal plus 5 units extra, inject again rather quicker again.
At bedtime 22.5!! reading. Swapped to my spare FreeStyle Neo reading was 21.5. Calculated my extra units and injected with my Lilly Luxura plus my usual Lantis, went to bed and morning reading 6.5.
Since then have been using my Lilly Luxura and all OK. This was reason for my post on pens with memories.
Anyone using a HumaPen Savvio had any concerns like mine? Photo is of the Savvio causing my concerns.
Hi like you confidence in the Savvio pen is very low I record on a spreadsheet exactly how much I inject each time including the air shots and at the end of the cartridge and all is added up I am regularly getting in excess of 300 units which is not possible I would have thought, Lilly have changed two pens so far I am waiting for the current pen to be replaced, no feed back from Lilly. I would like to know, they do not seem to be very user friendly I asked if there was an alternative to the Savvio pen. they responded speak to your nurse. Great you would think that if there is an alternative the manufacturers representative would know. I have filled in a yellow card. Good luck

Hi like you confidence in the Savvio pen is very low I record on a spreadsheet exactly how much I inject each time including the air shots and at the end of the cartridge and all is added up I am regularly getting in excess of 300 units which is not possible I would have thought, Lilly have changed two pens so far I am waiting for the current pen to be replaced, no feed back from Lilly. I would like to know, they do not seem to be very user friendly I asked if there was an alternative to the Savvio pen. they responded speak to your nurse. Great you would think that if there is an alternative the manufacturers representative would know. I have filled in a yellow card. Good luck
I have successfully switched to pre filled Lilly pens and loving them so easy to use too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back