Humalog 500 units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where could you look things like that up before mobile phones - even if you had one and could get a signal inside a random building - could access the internet, and anyway however would you know where that place purchased its baked goods from? - assuming they are supposed to be baked, although the couple I have tasted, have tasted like they were coated in raw flour, which is one of the reasons I think they are foul.

Are catering packs of such things the same as what's available in supermarkets - nowt else much is, like they use v small paninis to make garlic bread in most restaurants. I did at least ask Pete to try and ring his eldest daughter, the classically trained chef, but of course since she always works in restaurant kitchens - no reply! So - you guess is what you do.
As the OPs son is starting the u500 in 2022, mobile phones are available

So - you guess is what you do.
Yes, guessing it's what's needed much of the time. (Or "estimating".) On Christmas day I had lunch in Toby Carvery and looked up the nutrition information. I can believe the starter is 10g, but salmon en papillote is 304g per portion? I don't think so. They listed the cheesecake at something similar, which is also obviously wrong.

The OP doesn't seem to have been back with any response to people's comments so I hope they are getting on OK with it.

Reactions: Tdm
Yes, guessing it's what's needed much of the time. (Or "estimating".) On Christmas day I had lunch in Toby Carvery and looked up the nutrition information. I can believe the starter is 10g, but salmon en papillote is 304g per portion? I don't think so. They listed the cheesecake at something similar, which is also obviously wrong.
How many carbs actually in, and what is the parcel (which is what a papillote is) made of - they are usually pastry, which can be very carboriffic.

How many carbs actually in, and what is the parcel (which is what a papillote is) made of - they are usually pastry, which can be very carboriffic.
It was paper, with not that much salmon. (Not a mean amount, but not a whole one or anything.) Anyway, impossible for it to have been 300g of carbs; 30g, maybe.

It's only comparatively recently - 30 ish years - that insulins as strong as even u100 have been available and only a relatively few years - 5 ish? - since u500 came into use. Scary stuff since it would be very easy to overdose on it and accidentally harm or kill yourself. I personally have not ever known anyone using it.
He does not have metformin and yes I agree it is scary stuff I am quite concerned about it

He does not have metformin and yes I agree it is scary stuff I am quite concerned about it
How is he getting on with it, are his blood glucose levels stable.
Perhaps if you say a bit more about what specifically concerns you then people may be able to help alleviate your fears.

How is he getting on with it, are his blood glucose levels stable.
Perhaps if you say a bit more about what specifically concerns you then people may be able to help alleviate your fears.
He has not started it yet as ge is on holiday when you read about it that is the scary stuff

Yes he has but nothing seems to work he is quite concerned and worried about it so am I

That’s very understandable. Do they know why he’s so resistant to insulin? Has the resistance developed suddenly or gradually? Was he ok initially?

That’s very understandable. Do they know why he’s so resistant to insulin? Has the resistance developed suddenly or gradually? Was he ok initially?
Yes he has been resistant to it for quite some time

Stress can play havoc with blood sugar levels too. I find even subconscious stress bubbling away underneath can cause problems.

I hope his work stress reduces soon. It must be hard to be dealing with that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back