How/why did you choose your user name?

Mine is named after a character in old Will Hay films (Played with a long dead actor called Moore Marriott.)

It was either that or something linked to Jethro Tull (One of my favourite bands.)
I love Will Hay. 'Oh Mr Porter!' is my favourite: "Next train's gone!".

I love Will Hay. 'Oh Mr Porter!' is my favourite: "Next train's gone!".

Ha, brilliant, those three were superb together. It was a real shame Hay split it up to avoid becoming part of a 'team' as his later films were not as good.

Oh Mr Porter is a classic, along with Convict 99, Ask a Policeman, and Where's that Fire?

I grew up watching them in the 1970s/80s.

Ha, brilliant, those three were superb together. It was a real shame Hay split it up to avoid becoming part of a 'team' as his later films were not as good.

Oh Mr Porter is a classic, along with Convict 99, Ask a Policeman, and Where's that Fire?

I grew up watching them in the 1970s/80s.
Yes, just like Hancock, Will Hay didn't seem to realise that the brilliance of the ensemble playing was key. I do like 'The Ghost of St Michael's', though - although really in that film Charlie Hawtrey is the equivalent of Graham Moffatt. I came across the films on the TV in the 1970s.

MIne's a nickname from my college days derived from The Young Ones. The friend that started calling me Peely used to write letters to my parents with NNOP as my name. IYKYK😉

Spent some time rock climbing in Joshua Tree National park and on the way back to Los Angeles stopped off in a small town to use the toilet and get a drink. Signed up to something or other online and needed a username.... the town was called Indio and the server had a sports shirt with 02 on it. I put the two together!
I thought it would be pretty unique but a few times I've had to choose again because Indio02 is already being used. Ho Hum!

I was going to go with my old forum name of Kitkat, which was the name of our first boat some 20 years ago (boaty people always go by their boat name) but thought I would be sensible for once and use my real name.
I must be getting old

Alan 😉

Mine is a corruption of a Czech footballer, with tons of potential, purchased by the mighty Aston Villa, only to suffer a career ending injury after joining the club. Similar story to my athletics and hockey 'career' after tearing the tendon off my patella around the same time as a teenager..

Yes, just like Hancock, Will Hay didn't seem to realise that the brilliance of the ensemble playing was key. I do like 'The Ghost of St Michael's', though - although really in that film Charlie Hawtrey is the equivalent of Graham Moffatt. I came across the films on the TV in the 1970s.
Yes loved the Will Hay films and just laughed at the silliness.
Mine is one of our dogs names so a bit boring and wish had given it more thought but all I could think of at the time.Our other dogs are called Haggis and Hetty Barker which are much more memorable and our Cat is a Pandora.
Good thread

Mine's the one I've used on various forums over the years. I'm known for my slightly 'alternative' dress sense (although I don't think wearing a hat with a bobble on it is all that alternative -except maybe in July :rofl: )

Spent some time rock climbing in Joshua Tree National park and on the way back to Los Angeles stopped off in a small town to use the toilet and get a drink. Signed up to something or other online and needed a username.... the town was called Indio and the server had a sports shirt with 02 on it. I put the two together!
I thought it would be pretty unique but a few times I've had to choose again because Indio02 is already being used. Ho Hum!
You mentioning the Joshua Tree National Park reminds me of Gram Parsons :(

1728932928140.png

Whenever Joshua Tree in connection to music is made to my generation it always brings up U2. An absolutely fab album.
Lol: that shows the different resonance the same phrase can have on different generations.

I'm a Pisces, Merluza is a fish in the language of a country I love, I use it in other places. I'm not a fan of astrology but never mind. I figure we all know our birth signs. The other animal I might identify with is a hare as I was born in March.

Mine is from 25 years ago when I started a new job and needed a three letter username to log into the system. Most colleagues used their initials but as my parents were too poor to give me a middle name, I ( in hindsight, stupidly) added another G to mine making EGG. From then on I’ve been called Eggy, Egg on Legs, Eggy Bread or just Egg by former colleagues and also folks I’ve never worked with! I left that job in 2006! My children and husband also call me Egg or Eggy at times! I’m a legend in my own lunchtime! Bet you wish you’d never asked now! 😛

Silver because I am now a silver haired old lady after many decades being a ginger.(I blame my Scottish heritage) and minions because I am slightly obsessed by the cartoon minions

Back