How Many Blood Tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you do a poll you just click on the 'poll' section underneath where you put your message and it will take you through the steps.

Thanks Bev, it looks like I should have pressed one or two more buttons before I took fright and stopped.

Testing is a fundamentally different issue for insulin and non-insulin users so I don't think it is helpful to compare them side-by-side. I'm stuck in a particular zone with BG levels which are borderline satisfactory. I am a non-insulin user who is never anywhere near a hypo so I just check it now and then to make sure the BG isn't creeping upwards again.

That's true. I think when I get more time I will attempt Thunderbolt's suggestion of 2 polls.

for me it's around 8 - 14 times a day.

8 or 9 times a day, got sore fingers!
Flutterby have you ever considered alternative site testing. I do this and test a lot on my arm. Have to use a special cap for lancer.
gail

On diagnosis, I used to test maybe 6 times a day...

Now its closer to once or twice, dependant on how I feel

8 or more. New to carb counting so I do tests morning, lunch, dinner and before bed then 2 hours after the meals! Long process lol

Shell 🙂

Flutterby have you ever considered alternative site testing. I do this and test a lot on my arm. Have to use a special cap for lancer.
gail

Hi Gail, I used to use alternative sites but it's just so easy to use fingers when out and about - basically I'm lazy - there's no helping some folk is there!! Seriously thanks for mentioning it, maybe I ought to try again.😱

I test a minimum of 4 times, usually 5-6 times. I only test if I am using the information for something. I don't do a lot of after meal testing at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back