How Good Is Average Diabetic Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah! My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be and I was assuming the x axis was the % of people on each insulin regime who achieved the HbA1c target of 56, rather than the proportion of the population on each of the treatment regimes.
I obviously need to put my stronger reading glasses on and take a closer look at that graph.

Ah! My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be and I was assuming the x axis was the % of people on each insulin regime who achieved the HbA1c target of 56, rather than the proportion of the population on each of the treatment regimes.
I obviously need to put my stronger reading glasses on and take a closer look at that graph.
Sadly, the bars and the line are for different things - there is no relationship between them (apart from their age).

Afternoon been quiet lately but just getting on with managing the condition.
Reached a personal milestone re TIRcand thought May be nice to share.
BW all
Impressive

Impressive
Thanks Ray.Have been hovering around 90s for a while and thought would never get the 3 figure one for more than one day so thought I better capture it.
Will see what effect it may have on HbA1c when I get my first measure since being on the insulin hopefully in a few weeks.
Have a local carb counting course tomorrow so see how I get on.

Thanks Ray.Have been hovering around 90s for a while and thought would never get the 3 figure one for more than one day so thought I better capture it.
Will see what effect it may have on HbA1c when I get my first measure since being on the insulin hopefully in a few weeks.
Have a local carb counting course tomorrow so see how I get on.
90% in range is still very good

I wrote this at the time in defence of the lowering of the suggested A1c:
I went to look at that blog @everydayupsanddowns and noticed that I was the first to comment and I had remarked that my Hba1c was quite low and that I was constantly being berated by the HCPs for it being "too low" because I must be having hypos all the time. Initially my consultant would pay no attention to my TIR - only my Hba1c. I now see a different consultant who is only interested in TIR. I often wonder whether the Hba1c measure is a bit outdated for those of us on CGMs. My Hba1c was the highest ever in April @ 51, but despite being more relaxed about my diet of late I am still achieving 85% over 90 days with 0% time under 4. I'm happy enough with that, though an improvement would be nicer still.

FWIW re: ageism, I am 77 and quite confident with computers thank goodness. I fell in love when I got my first one in 1992 and by 1993 I could assemble my own. I taught hubby, but I'm afraid he's surpassed me now! Then again he's younger - he's a child of 73! LOL!

Afternoon been quiet lately but just getting on with managing the condition.
Reached a personal milestone re TIRcand thought May be nice to share.
BW all
That really is impressive!

I went to look at that blog @everydayupsanddowns and noticed that I was the first to comment and I had remarked that my Hba1c was quite low and that I was constantly being berated by the HCPs for it being "too low" because I must be having hypos all the time. Initially my consultant would pay no attention to my TIR - only my Hba1c. I now see a different consultant who is only interested in TIR. I often wonder whether the Hba1c measure is a bit outdated for those of us on CGMs. My Hba1c was the highest ever in April @ 51, but despite being more relaxed about my diet of late I am still achieving 85% over 90 days with 0% time under 4. I'm happy enough with that, though an improvement would be nicer still.

FWIW re: ageism, I am 77 and quite confident with computers thank goodness. I fell in love when I got my first one in 1992 and by 1993 I could assemble my own. I taught hubby, but I'm afraid he's surpassed me now! Then again he's younger - he's a child of 73! LOL!
Thanks Patti. Like you I find the CGM very useful in staying within the range and tend to run a bit higher than some to try and avoid the lows and being fairly relaxed about my diet.I try and react to the trends both up and down and am lucky in that my basal seems pretty consistent.
Once my first 2-3 weeks is taken out of my 90 days it should be a more accurate measure of my average levels but I found this forum very useful and informative and helpful in just getting to grips with things and putting a perspective on the conditio.
ATB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back