How do I lower my sugar level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh I wish you luck. It can be quite a tough ordeal with some receptionists and yet many are really kind too. Let us know how you get on. Maybe keep your expectations low to avoid disappointment.

Ohh I wish you luck. It can be quite a tough ordeal with some receptionists and yet many are really kind too. Let us know how you get on. Maybe keep your expectations low to avoid disappointment.
definitely the way forward to be honest my surgery is pretty good so I’ll let you know how it goes

Brilliant thank you , ps do you deliver

this is my menu today
breakfast, boiled egg and small slice of warburtons sugar free brown bread
lunch egg, 2 slices of above , crisp lidl curls 95 cal 1 grm sugar per pack
snack 3 cracker wheat , 1 once low fat cheese
evening meal , tuna fish , tomato, cucumber, boiled new pot

oh and 5 whole almonds
I love my tum, so food doesn't last long enough for delivery :D

I also use the Warburtons 400gm loaf. On the rare occasions I have a sandwich, it's the open kind with lots of salad piled on top. I was told a portion of potato is 2 new potatoes, boiled. My idea of a snack is also fairly carb free - I like a dollop of cottage cheese, a few prawns and a drizzle of low fat 1000 island dressing on a bed of baby leaves. As someone pointed out, your food is very light on veggies. I've seen recipes where veggies are hidden in a pureed sauce, usually to get veggies into kids! I make a lasagne using squash sheets instead of pasta, and the sauce contains carrots, celery, onion and red peppers as well as tomatoes, all blended down. Sometimes I use turkey mince, and I spin it out with chopped mushrooms as well.

Squash Lasagne.JPGPrawn and cottage cheese cocktail.jpg

That's a bit harsh on yourself. It can be hard to cook for just yourself. I do understand. I got around my own 'not cooking' problem some years ago by inviting frirnds round for meals. It gave me an incentive, was great fun, and did me a lot of good.

My problem is I hate cooking just for me too lazy
Then if you cook 6 portion size meals, you only need to cook one time a week and you have a hot home cooked meal for 6 days out of 7. Freeze them and rotate the menu for variety don’t just eat the one dish all week. For extra time saving make the one meal a week that you cook be in the slow cooker, then it’s literally just put it in and wait.

Then if you cook 6 portion size meals, you only need to cook one time a week and you have a hot home cooked meal for 6 days out of 7. Freeze them and rotate the menu for variety don’t just eat the one dish all week. For extra time saving make the one meal a week that you cook be in the slow cooker, then it’s literally just put it in and wait.
Hi , on the note of slow cooker could I possibly pick your brains ? If a cook chicken as a type of casserole which vegetables would be best to add as I’m not very up on which are good or should be limited as yet .
thank you so much and I’m sorry to be a pain

Hi , on the note of slow cooker could I possibly pick your brains ? If a cook chicken as a type of casserole which vegetables would be best to add as I’m not very up on which are good or should be limited as yet .
thank you so much and I’m sorry to be a pain
Most veggies should be OK, I would just not put potatoes or parsnips in but they probably don't go too well anyway. Mushrooms, peppers, green beans, celery, broccoli, courgette, aubergine all good

Don't forget leeks.... which are now in season and low carb and tasty

I do a cheats version in the slow cooker by using a casserole pack containing carrots, onions and celery and skinless, boneless chicken thighs and a chicken stock pot. All served with microwaved cauliflower rice.
Or I get a pack of Mediterranean roasting vegetables, and a pack of prepared diced squash and sweet peppers. I pop them on a roasting tray for 20 minutes on 175 degrees, then top with skinless boneless chicken thighs sprinkled with chicken seasoning, for another 25 minutes. It's an all-in-one dish.

This came thru to me @Hazel, but I think you meant it for @Hazel1010
Lovely to see you again Hazel. Just shows we will stoop to any levels to lure you back to the forum. 😉 Well done @Pattidevans!
We are missing your House Specials on the Group 7-day waking average thread.... No actually, just missing your daily contribution. Hope all still going well for you in your new home and diabetes is behaving itself.... as much as possible. X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back