Hospitel

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are so Nice and help full to me and reale appreciated so much.

Now as waking UP my bloodsugar was higth. 8.5.

Should i skip a meals now breakfast?

8.5 is a little high but ok. Take your Humalog and eat your breakfast. Perhaps you could go for a walk afterwards or simply be more active in the house.

8.5 isn't too bad, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you would like some breakfast, then inject the insulin (Humalog) for it first and give the insulin a bit of time to work before you eat breakfast. I would wait about half an hour between injecting and
eating breakfast and then go for a walk as suggested by Inka and make sure you have hypo treatment and testing kit with you.

8.5 isn't really THAT high to be honest, I wouldn't skip breakfast (I was higher than that when I had my breakfast) just take your insulin a bit before breakfast but be very wary doing that as timing is a very individual thing and different for everyone xx

As a general rule I try not to eat when my levels are above 8, ideally at 5 or 6, so if you inject the insulin for breakfast and then check after 15 mins and see if it has come down a bit and if not, then give it another 15 mins and check again. If it is still not below 8 then give it another 10 mins and then eat breakfast anyway as that is getting close to the maximum time you should leave it. Hope that makes sense. Gradually you will find the best timing between injecting the humalog for breakfast and eating which will stop your levels going too high. Other meals at different times of the day will need different lengths of time between injecting and eating. Usually less time, but breakfast time can be a lot longer.

If it gives you some idea, I need to inject my insulin 45 mins before I eat breakfast most mornings unless I wake up on 4, but later in the day, I usually just need 20-30 mins. You need to find the timing that works for you.
Leave it too long and you will hypo and we certainly don't want that, not long enough and you go too high.

It's almost 4 hours since you first posted this morning saying you felt ill. I hope you haven't been low all that time?? 😱
What have you eaten to bring your levels back up?
What is your actual reading now?

You need to eat some fast acting carbs. Something sweet like 2 or 3 jelly babies or glucose tablets if you have any or even a couple of spoonfuls of jam if that is all you have.

Ok, so you need some sugar and a small carb snack. The aim is to keep your blood sugar roughly between 4 and 10. You won’t manage that 100% of the time but that’s what you should be trying to do.

If you’re low, you must take glucose and eat a biscuit.

If you keep going low, you need to speak to your doctor because your insulin doses might need changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back