Hospitel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stressabeccy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello beccy here.
I didnt get help from the hospitel yesterday. My blood sugar is around 20 now. I eated around early evning a little meal. I dont know What to do anymore..
Beccy

What did your doctor say when you spoke to them?

Hi Becky.

Can you explain to us your daily insulin routine. When you take each insulin including the Tresiba and how much insulin and when you eat and what you eat and the readings you get before each meal. I'm sorry, that is a lot of information to ask for but it will give us a better idea of what is going on.

It does seem like you are not getting enough support from your medical professionals on your insulin use, especially if you have just recently started on insulin. Do be careful about taking more quick acting insulin if you have already injected some within the last 4 hours. It sounded like you might have got a bit impatient with it yesterday and injected more without waiting long enough and then had a hypo. That can be very dangerous.

I have been in the hospitel on a post there since early morning. My bloodsugar was over 25-30.
Ivegot 12 units of a different insulin for 3.5time ago

Hello @Stressabeccy
I know you are not from the UK so suspect that English is not your first language even though you are doing a fabulous job in trying to communicate with us, I think you need to ask for some help in writing down what it is we can help you with as most of us are having majors problems knowing what we can do to help you. :(

Thanks for the update @Stressabeccy

Glad you are being looked after. Hope the hospital staff can find out what has been going on with your doses.

Today i am going home from the hospitel igping to go fromno novorapid to humalog, but still going with tresiba. The same dosage.

My morning sugar was 6.4.

I eat a Alice of bread with liver pate and little cucumber and a glass with sugar FREE lemonade and 2 hours later 12.6

12.6 is OK 2 hours after eating that as long as it comes back down to about 6-8 after another 2 hours without any more food. You have to be patient and let the meal time insulin work. It is not a quick to work as the insulin we used to produce ourselves.
How long before eating the toast and pate did you inject the humalog?

I Just good 4 units now of humalog.
So you didn't inject any Humalog or NovoRapid before eating the bread and pate? That is what those insulins are for.... You inject how much insulin you need for the food you are going to eat and then you eat the food, so that the insulin hits your blood stream as the food is starting to digest and the glucose from it hits your blood stream. Timing that as best you can and getting the dose of insulin right is the key to good diabetes management. Once your levels go high, it often takes a bit more insulin to bring them down than it would if you can manage to keep them below 10.

It sounds like perhaps you haven't been given enough support from the hospital in how to use the insulin.
I also wonder if your Tresiba dose may need adjusting.

Hello.

Well, i dont get more insulin then that.
I tried to say to them over and over again...

Are you saying that you need a doctor to give you the Tresiba to inject? When does that happen....What time of day?

@rebrascora is right about injecting the Humalog before you eat. It takes a while to begin to work. Perhaps you’re saying you couldn’t do that because you were in hospital? If so, get into a good routine when you get home.

You will need to experiment to find the right time to inject your Humalog before your meal. It might be 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 25 minutes, something like that. That will give the Humalog time to start working.

I don’t know if you’ve said what country you’re in but if you can tell us, we can look for information in your language. Some countries also have Diabetes Associations that you can contact for support.

I sat 8 units around 5 a clock in the afternoon and eat 3 thin slice of bread with salami and butter and goatcheese and 1.5 dl of Milk. Around 24.00 tonight 2 cup of tee with dia sugar in and 5 small bixit. Walk an hour with the dog. My bloodsugar now is 6.1.

I am from Norway

Well done! It sounds like you managed that really well. 6.1 is a great reading!
How do you decide how much insulin to use? Are you counting carbohydrates?

I hope you had your testing kit and hypo treatments with you when you walked your dog because walking can cause your levels to drop quite quickly. It is important to keep yourself safe.

I sat 8 units around 5 a clock in the afternoon and eat 3 thin slice of bread with salami and butter and goatcheese and 1.5 dl of Milk. Around 24.00 tonight 2 cup of tee with dia sugar in and 5 small bixit. Walk an hour with the dog. My bloodsugar now is 6.1.

I am from Norway

6.1 is very good 🙂 You’ve probably already seen this website, but it seems to have good basic information. There are also some videos. Here is some information about Type 2 and insulin:

https://www.diabetes.no/diabetes-type-2/behandling/insulinbehandling-og-type-2/

I was looking for information there about carb-counting - counting the carbs in what you’re about to eat and calculating the right dose of Humalog, but I haven’t found any yet because I’m very slow at looking in Norwegian :D

I’ve found the carb-counting information now - it is in the Type 1 section if you want to look:
https://www.diabetes.no/diabetes-type-1/behandling/insulin/#section8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back