Honeymooning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @Northerner you comments sounds very like me as my Dr thinks even now many many years of being T1 that I still am producing some background insulin. We're looking to try out knocking my Basal out hourly over night as I use a pump now.
As I only use fast acting insulin even for my regular Basal dosage for background it is hoped that turning off my sleep time regular basal will stop me dropping by 6 while I sleep often requiring me to need snacks before bed.
It appears that this only occurs through the night.

It happens to me every time I lie down to rest, @mark king - not just at night, if I lie down during the day (which I have to because of another medical condition) my blood sugar plummets. I now take the biscuit tub up to bed with me whenever I go up for a rest, as the chances are I'll be hypo in half an hour otherwise, whatever my starting point. And at the moment I'm having trouble getting any readings between 4 and 8 overnight - eg if my bgl's 5.6 at bedtime and I've just eaten three biscuits, should I eat another one (in which case I will be hovering around 8 all night and possibly 10 by the time I get up) or not (in which case I will be hovering around 4 all night and possibly hypo in my sleep at dawn) :confused:

I think i'm still in my honneymoon period despite it being nearly 3 years on. Many say i'm type 1, a few say i'm type 2 with one thinking i'm inbetween. I more or less stopped hearing from everyone just when the lockdown started and its been more or less dead ever since. I've not had any HBA1C results since 2019. I've not had the glasses or contacts given to me yet. If and when it starts again, i might just tell them not to bother. I've just done a prescription request and the finger prick needles and blood test strips are no longer on my list. I only have the insulin, the needles for it and the ketone testing strips. Everything else is gone.

Well just add a note and order them. You should NOT be injecting insulin without testing your BG, you really shouldn't.

As jenny says TEST YOUR BG BEFORE INJECTING INSULIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back