hmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why it is set the way it is but it is. If I dial up more than 60 grams of carbs it will not deliver my bolus as the amount is too high. The DSN was unable to xhange this on my machine and the two demonstration machines she has. the roche rep is goinf to change it on thursday.

I dont know why it is set the way it is but it is. If I dial up more than 60 grams of carbs it will not deliver my bolus as the amount is too high. The DSN was unable to xhange this on my machine and the two demonstration machines she has. the roche rep is goinf to change it on thursday.

Simple solution for the time being is to do it in two goes then. So if eating 70 carbs dial up 35, deliver then do another 35 🙂
Something does not sound right though Paul.

Simple solution for the time being is to do it in two goes then. So if eating 70 carbs dial up 35, deliver then do another 35 🙂
Something does not sound right though Paul.

Yesyerday we did this half normal bolus hlaf using the extended bolus. Today DSN tried to change but said she couldn't.

I have just eaten nice KFC which came out at 9cp's or 90gms and it did the whole lot in one go?????????????????

Now I wonder what I was doing wrong when I did it exactly the same.

Yesyerday we did this half normal bolus hlaf using the extended bolus. Today DSN tried to change but said she couldn't.

I have just eaten nice KFC which came out at 9cp's or 90gms and it did the whole lot in one go?????????????????

Now I wonder what I was doing wrong when I did it exactly the same.

When you say you did half normal bolus and half using the extended, do you mean you used a combination bolus or you did the bolus as 2 seperate functions.

I'm wondering if you can not bolus again with in a set time ie, 30 mins or 2 hours, I know some pumps can be set to do this.

When you say you did half normal bolus and half using the extended, do you mean you used a combination bolus or you did the bolus as 2 seperate functions.

I'm wondering if you can not bolus again with in a set time ie, 30 mins or 2 hours, I know some pumps can be set to do this.

Two seperate actions. I only did this because it wouldn't allow such a large dose. well the meter said it was large but it wasn't lol.

....you can bolus as often as you like with an accu chek combo, if bolusing through your meter you may have to override the active insulin. I don't understand Paul's situation :confused: I bolused 25 units last night and then multi-waved a further 10 units (fish and chip supper......i know, i know...very naughty!)

Paul have you the confidence to go into advanced set up and see what max bolus is set for?
It would be interesting to know.

Paul have you the confidence to go into advanced set up and see what max bolus is set for?

I would if I knew how toget there lol or had a teenager here to help:D

/Off to get the meter and look(it's downstairs)

Another thing while it's bugging me again. everytime I try to go through the meter menus I get a W8 alarm which makes the pump buzz. It say bolus cancelled on the pump but I havn't even trie to have a bolus.

I just went into advanced settings (it was in custom) and my pump started to go mental.

I just went into advanced settings (it was in custom) and my pump started to go mental.

I think you need to call your dsn or accu chek Paul, my pump is in advanced mode. I have not experienced any of the problems you are facing.......maybe faulty?

You've lost me now, I don't appear to have a custom, let alone an advanced .....

You've lost me now, I don't appear to have a custom, let alone an advanced .....

....easier to access and change with the pump and not the meter. Go to 'Menu Settings' and you have a choice of settings:

'Advanced', 'Custom' or 'Standard'

Paul there something not right with your pump...

I haven't got my manual to hand, so I going of the top of my head here..

There isn't a way to set a customised bolus max, this is factory setting of 50 units if I remember rightly..

The only place I can think of a bolus being set, is the increments for the quick bolus, when you use the two rocker buttons on the side of the pump, where you press and hold either button to get the bolus to kick in, then use the other button to press how much you want, i.e if you got it set at 0.5 and you want a bolus of 2 units you press 4 times...

The W8, yep is something being cancelled, this could either be a bolus (any of the 3 you set up) and/or a temp basal rate so double check what it's actually telling you, if you've got a tbr and a bolus programmed in, it will alarm with each cancellation..

My prime is set at 25 units, to ensure that I can get all bubbles out, I was told originally not to worry about the odd champagne bubble, but even these with my insulin sensitivity can cause me problems, so need to get them all out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back