hmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypauly

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm not sure this will make life easier and I think I went for the most complicated device known to man, so complicated that only a teenager could work it lol:D

I best get back to reading the manual.

I'm not sure this will make life easier and I think I went for the most complicated device known to man, so complicated that only a teenager could work it lol:D

I best get back to reading the manual.

Lol ok spill the beans which one have you got?
Pumps are very easy to operate, as mainly logic is involved. It's the fine tuning which is so frustrating.
Play with pumpkin for half an hour then go for a walk etc don't get to bogged down. Short sessions are a lot easier to start with for some people.

Lol ok spill the beans which one have you got?
Pumps are very easy to operate, as mainly logic is involved. It's the fine tuning which is so frustrating.
Play with pumpkin for half an hour then go for a walk etc don't get to bogged down. Short sessions are a lot easier to start with for some people.

If it is a medtronic veo dont be freaked out by the size of the manual. We were told to read it, but no-one had completely and they talked us through every step at our training session.

The Roche one is roughly the same size as War and Peace, but nowhere near as easy to read!

Frankly my dear yPauly - it's often easier to 'if you can't put your finger on it immediately' either ring the pump co or ask on here; frustrating though that may seem!

But anyway actually I am very impressed.

A man, reading a Manual! must be a first .......

First question.

How do I bolus more than 6 units in one go?

ETA that should read for more than 6cp's

Last edited:
It's the accu check combo

ha,ha! same as mine, I started to read the manual and gave up! Just pick out the best bits! pretty easy to use really

First question.

How do I bolus more than 6 units in one go?

You need to go into set up and increase your maximum bolus setting 🙂

Don't ask me how as I do not have a combo :D

thankyou steff and everybody else.

Has anybodies pump ever gone through a window? lol:D Mine nearly did I had to ring roche (well got jen to call lol) only to find out it was quite easy.

Off to sit a feel stupid in the corner over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Keep at it Paul ! like most modern gadgets, you dont need "things" at first but in a few weeks/months/ years in my case you like functions. 😎

Mine nearly did several times the first month Paul ! I hated the thing at times.

It's just like being first diagnosed with diabetes, innit? - you feel you are expected to 'know' when you haven't got a clue - and it's most unsettling.

Do tell about the maximum bolus thing - I hadn't even got the slightest idea you could even set a maximum!

Roche are really patient aren't they? LOL

Mine nearly did several times the first month Paul ! I hated the thing at times.

It's just like being first diagnosed with diabetes, innit? - you feel you are expected to 'know' when you haven't got a clue - and it's most unsettling.

Do tell about the maximum bolus thing - I hadn't even got the slightest idea you could even set a maximum!

Roche are really patient aren't they? LOL
You can only give insulin for a maximum of 6cp's. Roche say there is software available to change this but it has to be done with the DSN who has very kindly agreed to do it tomorrow.

You can only give insulin for a maximum of 6cp's. Roche say there is software available to change this but it has to be done with the DSN who has very kindly agreed to do it tomorrow.

You are joking? 😱 That surely is not practical for a big eater.

So how come I can dial up to anything I like on mine? - eg I've just quick bolussed and airshot 21u of insulin (well I stopped it after 7u, as 6u = 6 CPs for me) - how the hell would you be able to prime? - my prime was on default setting of 25u but I reduced it to 20u and it only actually takes about 12, but I know how to stop it now! LOL

Wonder if your pump had been set up specifically for someone who isn't you?

This is weird Paul !

You need to look at page 77 of your manual 🙂

So how come I can dial up to anything I like on mine? - eg I've just quick bolussed and airshot 21u of insulin (well I stopped it after 7u, as 6u = 6 CPs for me) - how the hell would you be able to prime? - my prime was on default setting of 25u but I reduced it to 20u and it only actually takes about 12, but I know how to stop it now! LOL

This is weird Paul !

ha,ha .....i did the same TW, I reduced my prime to 20u and stop it at 12!

This is weird Paul !

Paul is on about the setting for a bolus only. Which is tot different to primes.
The maual either says limited to 100u or 50u for a bolus.
When you have the pump you should be able to set it up for a maximum delivery for bolus and another for basal per hour. The settings have been preset at the factory but obviously you need to change them for your own needs.
My safety bolus is max of 8 units. which I have never used as use less than 5u for a bolus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back