Highest level since diagnosis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I just tested, three hours after my evening meal, and I got a 17.1! 😱 I couldn't believe it - I never get levels that high! I washed my hands and tested a different finger - 14.6!

No idea what prompted these readings. My evening meal wasn't particularly carby and is something I've eaten before with no problems, plus my pre-meal level was 4.4 and I've been at good levels all day. :confused: I've actually taken a correction dose! OK, I know all this may not be unusual for a lot of people but it's unheard of for me, no idea what caused it.

hopefully its a one off. is your meter reading ok. just see how it goes
take care

Hope you're not sickening for something. Sometimes there's just no explanation though. Bit of a difference between fingers though!! Try the rest of them - you might get a better reading! Look after yourself.xx

That is high for you Northerner!😱

It could be that your sickening for something - or it could be that your coming out of honeymoon? I dont think I have known you take a correction dose - so it does seem unusual for you. Are you sure you did your bolus for the food?🙂Bev

It could be that your sickening for something - or it could be that your coming out of honeymoon? I dont think I have known you take a correction dose - so it does seem unusual for you. Are you sure you did your bolus for the food?🙂Bev

yeah i agree, maybe by some slip of the mind you have forgotten to take it? It happens to me on random, but not regular occasions! 😉

It's my third ever correction! Definitely bolused!

Wowee! My highest yet was 23 after a non-diet coke mix up! Hopefully those days are behind me now I have my Diastix handy.

Hope you don't crash after your correction! Just a thought, did you inject anywhere different? I got a random high once after using a new injection site, corrected then crashed in the night... never injected NovoRapid there again!

As you say, not that unusual for some of us 🙄

It could be illness, general stress, saturn being in conjunction with pisces, etc

Insulin been sat in the sunshine ?

Hope you get it down ok. Had a strange day of highs myself but blitzed it this evening and had to eat lots of sweet things.

Rob

It's my third ever correction! Definitely bolused!

Perhaps you are coming down with a cold or something? If Alex is very ill - his levels stay fine. But if he gets a little sniffle - his levels are in the 20's sometimes and we have to do 200% for a couple of days. I would set your alarm for middle of the night - just in case you go high again you can do another correction. I hope you feel better in the morning. 🙂Bev

New to this but could it be your blowout day catching up with you. Or doesnt it work like that

Ive actually been hard pushed to keep my bms below 9 in the past week 🙄 Its weird for me too, dunno whats going on with us all lol 😱

Thanks guys. I'm going to try a test on my other meter....

(...scuttles off to get other meter...)

13.4, so coming down, but obviously genuinely high. Stupid diabetes!🙄

How annoying! Injection site was my first thought too... Hope you come down smoothly to a stabl overnight and perfect fbg 🙂

New to this but could it be your blowout day catching up with you. Or doesnt it work like that

No, I hope not! I think it's just one of those one-off things where my insulin peaked before my food, but rather badly on this occasion.

Thanks guys. I'm going to try a test on my other meter....

(...scuttles off to get other meter...)

13.4, so coming down, but obviously genuinely high. Stupid diabetes!🙄

Northey - as you dont often correct - do you know what your correction factor is? Not wishing to sound like you dont know what your doing - just worried that you may panic and over-correct.🙂Bev

How annoying! Injection site was my first thought too... Hope you come down smoothly to a stabl overnight and perfect fbg 🙂

Cheers Mike, so do I! 🙂 One of the reasons I don't like correcting is that it is then active as I go to bed, plus I'm not used to doing it. Oh, that's two reasons! :D

I'm down to 7.9 now, an hour after my correction dose. but how much lower might I go? Grrr!!!

I'm down to 7.9 now, an hour after my correction dose. but how much lower might I go? Grrr!!!

goodness what a rollercoaster Alan, will you stay up until you feel for yourself your safe to sleep?

goodness what a rollercoaster Alan, will you stay up until you feel for yourself your safe to sleep?

Yes, I think so, knowing my luck the insulin will have peaked late, not early and I'm probably on my way to a jelly baby feast in about an hour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back