high morning bGs if I eat too late at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, i just dodge eating at night, i just cant get control otherwise. But i suppose its better for me as my tummy is expanding a little.
If i do snack, its on a carrot and th.ats it

Just noticed this thread and ended up having main meal at midday, with a lighter meal at teatime, usually around 5 or 6pm. Anything later or heavier and I'll be higher in the morning.

came to same conclusion as you re the slowed metabolism but could be a touch of gastroparesis too.

Hope you've found a long term solution that works for you.🙂

Rob

Can I just ask why the need to eat a protein meal rather than carbohydrate?

If the protein you eat is being turned into glucose then it's a very expensive and inefficient way of providing glucose/energy for your body nutritionally. You mentioned something about 'replacement after exercise' - broadly, protein is body-building, carbohydrate and fat are fuel. (Of course the added problem with diabetes is knowing exactly our response to them!)

I do a lot of evening gym classes (muscle toning as well as high cardio intensity) so eat the protein to help rebuild the muscles and I don't get home from those until about 8-9pm. then in bed for about 11pm for a 6am start for work!! I don't eat a big amount of CHO beause it just sits in my stomach and also mucks around with my sugars (although protein seemingly having the same effect!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back