High Intensity Focused Ultrasound on stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren8443

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I am looking for advice ...I will obviously speak to my DS as well but...

Has anyone had HIFU? High intensity focused ultrasound (a skin tightening and fat reduction treatment ) on their stomach being a type 1 diabetic?

Wondering if it is something I can have being type 1???

Good grief. HIFU was for treatment of prostate cancer, where it's mainly used. In the Far East, it's used for wrinkle reduction on the face. The key bit is HF. HIF - high intensity focused. It only covers tiny areas. As the wrinkle reduction costs upwards of £1000, a stomach would cost the price of a house, and probably wouldn't work.

If you see it advertised for less money, it's a fraud. Don't waste your money.

Good grief. HIFU was for treatment of prostate cancer, where it's mainly used. In the Far East, it's used for wrinkle reduction on the face. The key bit is HF. HIF - high intensity focused. It only covers tiny areas. As the wrinkle reduction costs upwards of £1000, a stomach would cost the price of a house, and probably wouldn't work.

If you see it advertised for less money, it's a fraud. Don't waste your money.

Can type 1's have hifu though?? .... it's a popular cosmetic treatment over here now.

Sure they can, no reason why not. Having diabetes is no hindrance, and it should have no effect on BG, though I suspect the most significant effect will be on your bank balance. Best of luck🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back