High glucose readings

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Toffee1 if you really are curbing the carbs and testing around meals as suggested does not indicate a huge rise after eating, then you could have been misdiagnosed and could actually be slow onset Type 1. As others have said, the levels you are currently running are dangerous and apart from causing you distress with the itching and running to the loo, could be causing permanent damage.

The sooner you make that appointment the better. At the same time query your diagnosis.
I don't know what I would do without this group. You are all so experienced and probably know more about diabetes than the GP. I did call the surgery today and got appointment with DN for Thursday. I will feedback to the group if you don't mind. Apparently I would have been invited to attend groups at the hospital with a dietition. However, I have unfortunately missed out on this due to the pandemic. I have to admit, I am really struggling.

I don't know what I would do without this group. You are all so experienced and probably know more about diabetes than the GP. I did call the surgery today and got appointment with DN for Thursday. I will feedback to the group if you don't mind. Apparently I would have been invited to attend groups at the hospital with a dietition. However, I have unfortunately missed out on this due to the pandemic. I have to admit, I am really struggling.
we have all been newbies and glad we could help

As your appointment is not until next Thursday then in the meantime keep a watch on your carb intake and make sure you drink plenty. But if you start to feel unwell then call them again or call 111. If you have levels as high a 30 then definitely do so.
Do you have any ketone sticks so you can test if your glucose levels are high?

We all struggle… just don’t struggle alone! Of corse we don’t mind if you update us after your appointment. Some DN’s are really clued up on what works others no so much and a little old fashioned. So please do let us know and we will all help where we can xx

As your appointment is not until next Thursday then in the meantime keep a watch on your carb intake and make sure you drink plenty. But if you start to feel unwell then call them again or call 111. If you have levels as high a 30 then definitely do so.
Do you have any ketone sticks so you can test if your glucose levels are high?
I have just ordered them now so thanks for your advice.

Do bear in mind that this situation (i.e. possible misdiagnosis) may be outside the realm of experience for th DN at the Doctor's surgery. Some are clued up, some have had only very basic training in how to manage T2. Have a chat to her and see what the outcome is. However also be prepared to ask for a referral to the diabetic clinic at the hospital if you aren't happy with what transpires.

Good luck - I know it can be difficult. I was originally misdiagnosed and for me it took some time to get it sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back