high blood AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense and we (my DSN and me) are still adjusting the basals to get them correct. I've been skipping meals to check that my BG stays constant throughout each period.
It's correct for the afternoon and evening, so we just have to sort out the morning one.
I'm not too worried at the moment and I don't want to do too much adjusting until I know that the basals are all OK. Then I'm only tweeking one thing at once.

That makes sense and we (my DSN and me) are still adjusting the basals to get them correct. I've been skipping meals to check that my BG stays constant throughout each period.
It's correct for the afternoon and evening, so we just have to sort out the morning one.
I'm not too worried at the moment and I don't want to do too much adjusting until I know that the basals are all OK. Then I'm only tweeking one thing at once.

Yes thats absolutely the right thing to do, change 1 thing and wait for a few readings to see if its working - otherwise it can all get very confusing and you dont know if its the basals or the bolus or the diabetes fairy! Good luck at clinic and let us know what changes are made.🙂
I hadnt realised it was your breakfast levels that were out - the dreaded breakfast spike! There is something called a 'super bolus' that can help to resolve this - but i havent tried it myself - it does work for lots and lots of children though - so if you want any information on that let me know and i will find the link for you.🙂Bev

Hi Bev, just googled 'super bolus' and it looks like that may be what I need to look at if things are still the same once I have all my basals sorted properly.
Not something to try without the blessing of the DSN I don't think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back